Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SPREADING FREEDOM. THE AMERICAN WAY

Share/Bookmark

Angry SPREADING FREEDOM. THE AMERICAN WAY

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: SPREADING FREEDOM. THE AMERICAN WAY

"He's f***ing faking he's dead. He faking he's f***ing dead."

The Marine then raises his rifle and fires into the man's head.

----------------------

Thats it America, you just lost the last drop of credibility. This is an outright war crime.
    There is absolutely nothing that can justify this.

And I am uterly ashamed that the government of my country (or any country for that matter) actively supports this illegal war.

From here:
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/iraq/...s-iside16.html

Sites reported a Marine in the same unit had been killed just a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    From here:

Sites reported a Marine in the same unit had been killed just a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.
    Ahhh. That justifies it. I see.

But let's just remember that that booby-trapped dead body would NOT have been there at all, that NONE of this would have happened if we hadn't illegally invaded this country.

Who the hell is our enemy? Wasn't number three or four on the ever changing list of reasons we invaded Iraq that we wanted to LIBERATE these people? I get the feeling they don't WANT to be liberated. So why don't we just leave them the hell alone?

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Ahhh. That justifies it. I see.
    Not trying to "justify"---just providing a little context, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    From here:

what do you mean to say ?

ed

I was totally opposed to this war, but I agree with XanaX in this case.

Soldiers have to be hyped up into an insanely manic state in order to do what they do. That's how war works. There have been stories of them turning on their own commanders when there was no enemy around. Picture a football team with guns.

Does that excuse abuses? No. It explains that they're inevitable.

I agree with Mr. Batzdorf. While this is regrettable and must be punished, in war (which I view as only a last resort for self-defense), it is inevitable. This happens on all sides. And the fact that people are acting like this is something terribly unusual shows just how naive most people are about war.

It's goot to see, however, that it appears the authorities are taking this seriously. I hope they continue to do that.

But we must also bear in mind what XanaX pointed out. Similar things happened in Somalia where women and children would willingly act as literal human shields for fighters. Our forced tried to use flash bangs, etc, to disperse them without having to fire on the unarmed (yet fully participant) civilians. But after a while, they just couldn't do it anymore, for their own survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    I agree with Mr. Batzdorf. While this is regrettable and must be punished, in war (which I view as only a last resort for self-defense), it is inevitable. This happens on all sides. And the fact that people are acting like this is something terribly unusual shows just how naive most people are about war.

It's goot to see, however, that it appears the authorities are taking this seriously. I hope they continue to do that.

But we must also bear in mind what XanaX pointed out. Similar things happened in Somalia where women and children would willingly act as literal human shields for fighters. Our forced tried to use flash bangs, etc, to disperse them without having to fire on the unarmed (yet fully participant) civilians. But after a while, they just couldn't do it anymore, for their own survival.

Same old gibberish. Other people do it . so........

This war will hurt the united states and the rest of the world for a long, long time. Any goodwill america had has been lost. It will take a generation to rebuild the trust. You have'nt learned the mistakes of Vietnam. Thinking you hold the moral high ground while you kill people indiscriminately is not going to fool anyone. The fact that your president thinks this is a holy mission just makes it worse.

ed

Quote Originally Posted by ed buller
    Same old gibberish. Other people do it . so........
    Uh, not exactly. That's not what I said at all. Nor is that what Mr. Batzdorf said. It's that this is the reality, and it is sometimes inevitable. Especially when you have opponents not following the rules of war either by employing women and children as shields and boobytrapping the dead and wounded. When you do stuff like that, you're only making things more dangerous by putting people on edge.

Consider:
    Shortly after the end of "major combat operations" (which would be laughable if it weren't such a serious affair), when soldiers were controlling checkpoints at major highways, etc, things went smoothly. Even when people didn't understand the soldier's instructions and maybe didn't totally comply with their instructions, nobody got hurt and things were resolved peacefully.

But then one day some jerk got the idea to suicide bomb one of these checkpoints by driving a civilian vehicle into it and blowing it up. Well guess what? Now you've got a bunch of nervous, sweating soldiers everytime a car approaches the checkpoint. So it came as no surprise that after that you had cases where people didn't understand their instructions, didn't stop when they were told to, and as a result they got killed because the soldiers didn't want to wait for them to get close enough to blow themselves up.

So it's not "tit for tat". It's simply a matter of natural human reactions to the situation.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast