• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I make Sonar tell GigaStudio to load instruments?

Share/Bookmark

Can I make Sonar tell GigaStudio to load instruments?

Instead of having to load the Sonar song up, and also load up a GS performance to get all the instruments in place.. it would be nice if I could just load the song in one place and have it all ready to go. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Sam

Re: Can I make Sonar tell GigaStudio to load instruments?

You can\'t load Gigastudio performances from a midi command.

To get around this you could make one big performance containing ALL the instruments you will be using in ALL your songs, so that every instrument appears in the \'loaded instruments\' window. (This may not be possible depending on your ram requirements).

Once all the instruments are in memory they will each have a unique midi programme number. Putting a program change at beginning of each Sonar track in each song will put the instruments for that song in their correct channel slots. If you exceed 127 instruments, simply include bank change numbers (you may have to edit these in the editor).

Mixer volume is also easy. What I\'m not too sure about is how you would make significant NFX reassignments via midi. Perhaps stick to a template where you tend to use the same NFX layout for each song, and use programme/CC changes to get the NFX programme and balance to change...

Re: Can I make Sonar tell GigaStudio to load instruments?

Hello Sam,

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.tascambbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=001843

See if that helps you at all.

Kevin

Go Back to forum