• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need a tutorial: staging instruments

Need a tutorial: staging instruments

TennesseeVic and I'm sure others, including myself, would like to know more about placing instruments of the GPO orchestra.

Pan and Reverb can help, but when you get to Delay, that's something not all of us know about and have had experience using, especially its significance in placing instruments.

I think a short tutorial by some of our sound engineering people could make using GPO a lot more fun and would generate more demos that sound like a real orchestra should.

Hoping for something along this line in the near future.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Need a tutorial: staging instruments

Well, I think its a wonderful idea. I wish I had more training and I'd do it myself. But I think this is an essential step in mastering for realism. Delay has always been a grey area for me in mixing. I'm scared to fiddle with it too much to do my ignorance in the subject. So, any of you midi maestros up to the task?

Go Back to forum