• Register
  • Help

Topic: digital keyboard suggestions?

digital keyboard suggestions?

I guess a digital keyboard is audio hardware, right? This holiday season I've been considering an investment in a digital keyboard, but I con only afford something between $400 - $500, anything beyond that I may have to wait another year or two or three . . .

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice mod wheel, touch sensitivity, and MIDI output, of course. This one looks like a good deal (they don't list it, but it's $398), it's the one I've been considering:

It looks good to me! Is there anybody out there who knows more about digital keyboards and could tell me what they think of this deal?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: digital keyboard suggestions?

Why buy a Casio when you could buy an inexpensive midi controller and an awesome VST instrument like atmosphere or absynth 3. Or even some of the EMU keyboards would be much better.

I guess it all depends on your use?
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions

New York City

Do you have any reputable music stores in your area? Keyboards, like everything electronic these days, don't hold their value terribly well over the years. You can probably get an excellent used instrument that is a few years old that can do everything you want and more, and still be in your price range. I would either wait or look for an excellent bargain in a used instrument. Just my two cents.

Good point, I didn't think of used gear. I've bought and sold used keyboard gear through ebay with great success, I even bought a used sound module through Sweetwater for quite a bit of savings. Definately go for something that will last you. If you give some ideas about what you need it for I have a good history with keyboards and could make some recomendations.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions

Go Back to forum