• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

Share/Bookmark

Talking Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

Well...:-)

I suppose it is possible to get more than 16 Midichannels using Rewire (GS3.0 and Sonar3.0)?

I can choose 8 midi out ports with 16 midi channels each -- but when I try to export the audio: Silence! When I choose output number nine entiteled: Giga3 the export works... but it's only *one* channel...

Could somebody who in using Sonar3.0 and GS3.3 in peace please explain how this wierd thing works?

Well, thank you in advance!

Markus.

Thumbs down Re: Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

You Can't. That is why I am trying to change to Nuendo (see my other post). But that seems to work extremely bad. Of course I don't know much about Nuendo and have been using Cakewalk/Sonar since DOS ver 3. So I am not quitting lightly.

I am very disappointed with GS3. I have so far spent 1 week and haven't even got one track completed. With GS2 I would have been done a long time ago. I think Rewire sucks, at least the implementation of it in GS. If I track the old way in Sonar (picking ports/channels) I can record, but GS3 only recieves non-channel stamped data. So I hear all the patches. This is without the linked midi activated.

I am giving it another week before I send it back, and use GS 2.5 again so I can get some work done. I am way behind now and it isn't just a hobby for me.

Anyway my 2 cents.

Re: Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

Rewire doesn't suck, it works great for a lot of apps like ableton live and acid pro 5.0 and a lot others. GS 3.03 i have also some problems with, so Rewire is not well implemented in GS 3.0 at least that is my conclusion. By the way i use Nuendo.

Cool Re: Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    Well...:-)

I suppose it is possible to get more than 16 Midichannels using Rewire (GS3.0 and Sonar3.0)?

I can choose 8 midi out ports with 16 midi channels each -- but when I try to export the audio: Silence! When I choose output number nine entiteled: Giga3 the export works... but it's only *one* channel...

Could somebody who in using Sonar3.0 and GS3.3 in peace please explain how this wierd thing works?

Well, thank you in advance!

Markus.
    Markus !

Have you thought about Tracktion ?

Indeed, Tracktion's rewire works better with GS 3 than Sonar !
    You get all midi ports, 128 midi channels and as many outputs
    as you need!

The best of all, VST effects working well inside GS3
    when rewired to Tracktion,but in Sonar nothing
    but burbling noise!

I woul suggest you try it,especially when Mackie is
    giving away free Tracktion NFR versions!

What? What's that? Tracktion? Where can I get it? How does it work? Thanks a lot for the tip! Did you try it? Can somebody tell his experience with it?

Oh ok, you mean: switch sequencer.
    Could be an option, but I'm quite used to Sonar, so... I hope for an update that fixes the problem... btw so if this is so, it would be a Sonor-Problem, not a GS3.0 problem?

Yeah I love sonar too. So much easier to compose with, BUT I have used Nuendo from the beginning for audio recording (after 10 grueling years on Protools BAH!). And there has been many a time I have all THREE open. Yeah, hardware sharing nightmere. But I got it to work, barely. Sooooo what I am doing now is still using sonar to do all my composing, then porting the midi over to nuendo 2, then dumping rewire.

Works when giga 3 works.... PLEASE tascam, hire, hire, hire. It will get you more money.

Red face Re: Stupid Rewire-Sonar-GS3.3-Question

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    Oh ok, you mean: switch sequencer.
    Could be an option, but I'm quite used to Sonar, so... I hope for an update that fixes the problem... btw so if this is so, it would be a Sonor-Problem, not a GS3.0 problem?
    No, I don't mean to switching sequencers and neither do myself, cos
    still love Sonar, but sometimes It's good to check some new areas!

I didn't necessarily like Tracktion myself when I first saw and tried
    first time, but now dor second time I'm little vit warming up for it.
    Yes, It's different and for someone maybe too different, no mixer etc,
    but in someway still quite innovative.

In www.kvr-vst.com there are many
    Tracktion fanboys and what I don't like is when people feeling almost
    religious about theit sequencers. But the fact is rewire works better in
    Tracktion!

Markus, what do you think about FX-Max GVA Giga adapter?
    Have you tried?
    I'm gonna get testride with it!

Or is it final result; sad but get back to audio capture!!!

Go Back to forum