• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Please: Only one group-buy per month...

Share/Bookmark

Please: Only one group-buy per month...

...not everyone in this forum is a pro who has lot's of money
    to spend on sampling-libraries. So if there are many group-
    buys going on at the same time, those non-pro people
    need to decide on which thing to go for and miss out another
    opportunity. Obviously this leads to less sales for the vendor
    as well...

Tobias (just my $.02 worth ;-)

Re: Please: Only one group-buy per month...

I agree. Or maybe better: not more than 6 group buy actions a year. Otherwise I will be missing too much opportunity's

I don't really agree with this. I think there should be as many group buys within reason. For example - I either have or am not interested in the current group buys. I am sure there are plenty in the same boat.

I can see this being an issue for people that want more than one of the products on the group buys who are on tight budgets, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I mean look at all the people that paid full price for these libraries. You can't make everyone happy. I'm just glad we're getting these great opportunities.

Cheers to all the developers who are participating so far!

I'm not interested in buying everyting just because it's cheap. Although the temption of course increases...(will I or will I not get the Old Lady...yes, no, yes, no,...)

But with more groupbuys, the more choices I have to pick the items I really want. The effect of having lots of groupbuys may actually be reversed - you get your items that you have been drooling over for a long time, but for much less $$!

If a shop has a sale, I prefer as many items as possible on sale, not just one.

Cheers,

Chris
    New music at
    www.calegy.com

Hi,

I always enjoy a deal but IMHO I feel that too many group-buys all at once water down the effectiveness for the developers in getting more sales because of the reasons that were mentioned above. It also means that less people may get involved because of lack of funds and, therefore means that the discount is not as great as it could be.

I don't think that a hard number needs to be put on limiting the number of group buys per year (because, yes, to a certain extent Joseph, that is the way the cookie crumbles) but less frequency makes each group-buy more special. Otherwise, it is simply another "sale" and some developers have regular sales anyhow.

If both Michiel and Worra were offering group-buys at this time, I don't think that we would have reach the full discount on the "Old Lady". The possibility that we hit the maximum discount is what makes group-buys worthwhile IMHO.

FV

Hi Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Allmoge
    The effect of having lots of groupbuys may actually be reversed - you get your items that you have been drooling over for a long time, but for much less $$!
    Thing is, it might not be for that much less if this small market is saturated. If not enough sales are hit, you may only get 20% discount. That might be better than nothing but it is typically not much better (if at all) than a regular sale from the company. The appeal is the ability to hit 40-60% off a library such as what has happened in the Old Lady group buy.

FV

Quote Originally Posted by Allmoge
    I'm not interested in buying everyting just because it's cheap. Although the temption of course increases...(will I or will I not get the Old Lady...yes, no, yes, no,...)
    It doesn't have to do with buying something solely for the reason
    it is cheap. IMHO there are quite a few people out here that
    deem many of the sampling-libraries around here worthy to be
    bought and would like to use them, but being on a tight budget
    can't afford it. So the group-buy lifts this restriction.

Unfortunately if there is many concurrent group-buys running,
    in the sum the budget might again be over the limit, apart
    from the fact that one might be interested in all of them.

I can only speak for myself. I have allocated a certain monthly
    amount to put into my hobby (and I guess even people doing
    it professionally do this to some extent). If there are too
    many group-buys at the same time, I will miss out on some
    of the deals I would otherwise have made - but so do the
    library-venders, because they lost my sale...

Tobias

andyt

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Erichsen
    ...not everyone in this forum is a pro who has lot's of money
    to spend on sampling-libraries. So if there are many group-
    buys going on at the same time, those non-pro people
    need to decide on which thing to go for and miss out another
    opportunity. Obviously this leads to less sales for the vendor
    as well...
    I can see where you are coming from ... and it did occur to me that too many simultaneous GROUP BUYS could be competing for the same disposable cash at any one time. And hence all or some of the GROUP BUYS could suffer. But I think the market could stand more than one GROUP at a time ... and definately more than 6 a year.

And anyway, just becuase a few people can't afford more than one product at a time shouldn't mean denying the rest of the forum the opportunity.

After all, some of us are rich, money-grabbing high school teachers ... and are simply awash with cash. So bring 'em on. Here's my wallet. Have your wicked way with it.

(disregard - politically risky post removed)

Go Back to forum