• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jazzy piece with RMX

Share/Bookmark

Jazzy piece with RMX

Thought I'd post this over in this new Spectrasonics forum since this piece is basically Stylus, Trilogy and a couple of pianos.

EuroDukeJazz

Re: Jazzy piece with RMX

Normally when I hear others' music in this way I listen for a bit and move on but.....Obviously you do this for a living (I write music for cartoons) I am constantly striving to improve myself. If I reach the level of professionalism that I just heard, I will be one happy dude. If you would have told me that the piece was all live musicians, I would have believed you.
    How do you make a living with your talent?

Steve

Well Steve, you're one up on me. I do computer graphics for a living. Trying to switch to music but have that one major obstacle facing me...no one knows I exist (except for people here/who are probably quite tired of my postings).

I keep writing music hoping that this will be the one that gets me a job. All the while, not contacting any prospective clients. Woe is me.

Hey rJames,

I like it. Has a very "David Benoit" feel to it. Really like the bass work. Keep it up.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Cool Re: Jazzy piece with RMX

We are so in the same boat! I almost feel your pain. I'm an IT guy.

Julio

Quote Originally Posted by rJames
    Well Steve, you're one up on me. I do computer graphics for a living. Trying to switch to music but have that one major obstacle facing me...no one knows I exist (except for people here/who are probably quite tired of my postings).

I keep writing music hoping that this will be the one that gets me a job. All the while, not contacting any prospective clients. Woe is me.

rJames - you sure that's not 'Robert', (better known as 'Bob') James? Very nice work. The horn is kind of washed out, but that may be deliberate?

What libs/instruments did you use? How did you play in the drums? Those are totally convincing...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Exclamation Re: Jazzy piece with RMX

rJames,

WONDERFUL piece of music.

Al

Very cool piece! I'm really impressed at how you used RMX with it. I just got RMX this past week, and am still on the learning curve.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Thanks for the great compliments.

I used Trilogy, Stylus, Logic's Rhodes 88, Logic's Pop Grand (I forgot to load up my Black Grand) and the Eng Horn from EWQL.

I have always been loathe to use loops because I'm afraid that they'll make me sound like everybody else.

And if you just used the loop that would probably be the case. But I think I've finally got a bit of an idea on how to use RMX.

This piece has a couple of the tabla-esque patches in it and the cymbals (all) for the extra rhythm on top.

For an even better (I think) use of RMX see this song that I posted in the Sample Libraries section.

BossaAmericana

I used the brass scratches for a rhythmic/melodic content.

i'm french and i wanted to congratuled you for this song !!!
    i'm gonna visit your website..
    Olivio

Go Back to forum