• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I Really Want a Cigarette

Share/Bookmark

I Really Want a Cigarette

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It's been 5 days...

Cut out the coffee as well since they go SO well together...

Re: I Really Want a Cigarette

As one who dropped the nasty habit over 30 years ago and haven't looked back let me encourage you. I know how tough it is, but take it one day at a time and you can do it. Is food starting to taste better yet? Can you smell things you never noticed before? You might as well wash all your clothes now because you won't be able to stand wearing them until you do. Good luck..

Steve Chandler

Wish I could help, but I can't seem to shake the habit myself. Any pointers you could give me would be well appreciated. Here's to wishing you the best of luck, though!

You might also make a list of every horrible disease you really don't want, then realize that smoking substantially raises your odds of getting nearly every one of them.

Remember...no one can make you have one. I know it's tough. 25 plus years of lung demolition myself .
    You can do it!
    You Will Do it!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Xanax,

This would be a good time to take up some moderate exercise. When you work out hard and feel short of breath, cigarettes lose all of their appeal.

Swimming is my drug of choice. You can check out my team swimming page here: http://www.fairhurst.com/gvmasters .

I smoked in high school. I'm so glad that I gave it up all those years ago.

Best of luck with your efforts!

-JF

Thanks for all the encouragement.

So far, my only substitute for the nicotine and caffeine has been sugar---and lots of it, in many different tasty forms. Admittedly, I have been going a bit overboard these past few days, but I do plan on getting that under control by this coming Sunday or Monday, especially since "excessive slimness" has never been one of my worries.

Talking Re: I Really Want a Cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    It's been 5 days...

Cut out the coffee as well since they go SO well together...
    Yeah. Right now it's midnight on the dot and I'm watching Tremors on TV. Great film actually. Bit of a coincidence with the name mind you, considering what you're giving up. hehe!

I'm smoking a roll up -Golden Virginia actually. Mmmmmm - that's nice. And yeah, I've just had my daughter make me a cup of latte coffe. Slurp! Very good, considering.

Come on over and have a smoke and coffee anytime. Can't beat it.

Do you like latte? Great taste when you make with totally skimmed milk and goes so well with a cig.

Mmmmmmm! Puff puff!

Yours

Very relaxed

Talking Re: I Really Want a Cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Yea, it sure is! But I'll bet Xanax wishes one of the monster worms pops out of your back yard right now for that little piece of support!

Ern
    Wow Ern! So do I.

He should come to England if he wants to give smoking actually. This is the country of 'bans'. Yeah! They're going top ban smoking, fat kids, thin kids, you, me, him, her. Anything really.

First thing that generally goes when quitting fags is the 'ol sense of humour -or is it the sense of tremour. Time will tell.

How you doing Ern?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Pretty good, Paul. Actually, since this is now the addiction confessional thread, I'm trying to cut back on sipping our fine California Chardonnay while watching TV in the evening. Maybe I'll take up smoking a pipe and reading Shakespeare rather than drinking wine and watching "Tremors". Oops, it's the local NBA rivalry tonight: Lakers vs. Clippers. Glug Glug!

Ern
    Glad to hear it Ern! Oh well, the film has just finished. OMG it's 1.30 am in the morning. I'll just stub this fag out and go wash the coffee cups before I go up the wooden hill to bedfordshire.
    Let me think. What else should we give up? Ummmm.... That's a difficult one.

I understand there are floods in Texas.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast