• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL or Gold Pro

Share/Bookmark

Question VSL or Gold Pro

Some advice from those of you who own both VSL and EWQLSO Gold.

I own gold and am going to upgrade to Gold Pro. However, VSL Complete Orchestra First edition is on sale for students. It is twice the cost of the Gold Pro upgrade but man does it look useful. For those of you who own both, which do you use more, and if you were in my position which would you get.

I'm stuck because I want VSL at some point but Gold Pro has alot of the VSL articulations now.

Thanks for your help,

Christiaan

Re: VSL or Gold Pro

there will always be another sale

As a Gold owner myself, I'd personally stick with upgrading to Gold Pro. It's half the cost, and all the new articulations you get will blend seamlessly with Gold (stereo imaging). Gold Pro is a VERY well rounded set, and I think you should complete it. Hell, it damn near is VSL, excluding some articulations and control of close micing. After you have that, then set your sites on new samples like VSL, with emphasis on close mic and different articulations, if you don't want to spill $3000-$6000 all over again for the Platinum mic sets.

I'd continue with upgrading to Pro.

Jared

Gold and VSL Pro?

Let me just whip out my checkbook.

Thumbs up Re: VSL or Gold Pro

Thanks guys. I think I'll stick with Gold Pro for now. I'll get VSL when I have money for the Pro performance set and another couple computers (maybe never).

Cheers,

Christiaan

Go Back to forum