• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL/GOS perfomance tools and kontakt

Share/Bookmark

VSL/GOS perfomance tools and kontakt

Hey all,

As a new Kontakt owner I\'m just about to invest in one of the *big* string libraries which I\'ll probably convert using Translator - does anyone here know whether the various add on MIDI-control tools you get with VSL and GOS will still work through Kontakt?

A.

Re: VSL/GOS perfomance tools and kontakt

Yea, they work. I`ve been using the VSL perf.Tool with Kontakt and halion2 for about week...rich

I\'m also interested in this one as I have GOS Strings.

So how can Maestro Tools be routed to Kontakt?

King and Ken-P turned me on to this one..
    1)Install Maple tools from marblesounds.com or some other midi loopack device.
    2)On your Perf. Tool or maestro tool have your Inport set to Maple midi In:Port 1 and your Out Port set to Maple midi out:Port 2.
    3)THen in your sequencer set up 2 midi tracks. One with your ins coming from your keyboard or your sound card(in my case its my RME HDSP midi in 1) and your out to Maple midi out:Port 1. Arm the Record button this track
    4) On your 2nd midi track have your ins be maple midi in:Port 2 and your out Kontakt. Have your record and monitor button engaged. Viola!!!
    S0 basically it goes: Keyboard(or soundcard)>Sequencer> Perf. or meastro tool> Kontakt.
    timkiel.com also has 4 cool tutorials with pics. this with Halion. And this in the Cubase forums...http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum24/HTML/000184.html Hope i explained it right.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Rich

It\'s just like routing Giga to the sequencer via Maple, I see.

Thanks, Rich!

Hey Rich:

Where ya find this Marblesounds - came up on the web as something different - these guys still in business? Can\'t seem to find it.

Thanks-
    Tom

Originally posted by landford:
    Hey Rich:

Where ya find this Marblesounds - came up on the web as something different - these guys still in business? Can\'t seem to find it.

Thanks-
    Tom
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tom, god i have no idea.!They were up a couple weeks go and now there down!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think someone scammed them out of there domain name or something. anyways, lots of people seem to have luck with Midiyoke (same thing as maple tools) as well. http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm. Try that..Best Rich

Sorry Rich:

I\'ve been away from this forum -

Thanks so much for the info!

Tom

Hi Guys
    Is there any workaround for Mac users ??
    Thank You
    Balé

audiopHoBic,

GOS and MaestroTools will still work with Kontakt. The Maple drivers are built into MaestroTools and Maple which are included on CD#20 (or DVD#3).

GOS2 will have many of the performance features built into Kontakt. This will work on both Mac and PC.

Nhick, If you call us you can speak with Jeff who wrote the Maple Tools and Maestro. We\'ll help you get everything routed.

landford, marblesounds was down due to a server problem, but should be up If you still have difficulty we can email it to you.

Kukuriku,
    There is a Logic Environment MaestroTools that does just about everything the standalone version does. I am also wondering if MFX in Cubase/ Nuendo works on Mac. If so, it would be relatively easy to write a plug that does many of these features.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum