• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

Share/Bookmark

Question Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?
    like the one in the Last Samurai Score by Zimmer
    or should i go to Rare instruments ? or maybe some other way ?

Re: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

I'd be interested in knowing too. Come to think of it though, there's quite a useful one in Atmosphere called overblown flute. I'll have a check in Worldwinds too to see if there's anything.

Joel

Thumbs up Re: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

I'm pretty sure the Shakuhachi will be in "Rare II". That will come out in a couple of months. Check the East West forum for instrument details.

From looking at the list of instruments on both Ethno World's it does not appear to be listed. However, "World Winds" by Dirk Campbell does have it.
    Has anyone used "World Winds"?
    The Shakuhachi is so subtle in it's tone I would imagine it would be very difficult to capture with samples.

Good luck,

Christiaan

Unhappy Re: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    I'm pretty sure the Shakuhachi will be in "Rare II". That will come out in a couple of months. Check the East West forum for instrument details.

From looking at the list of instruments on both Ethno World's it does not appear to be listed. However, "World Winds" by Dirk Campbell does have it.
    Has anyone used "World Winds"?
    The Shakuhachi is so subtle in it's tone I would imagine it would be very difficult to capture with samples.

Good luck,

Christiaan
    Yeah i think many great sample will be in RARE 2... the problem is i won't have enough money to buy it

Re: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Yeah i think many great sample will be in RARE 2... the problem is i won't have enough money to buy it
    I hear you

I can dream though

Talking Re: Will I find the japanese overblown Flute in the Ethno world 1 or 2 packages ?

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    I hear you

I can dream though
    I dream too... all day long... and night too

Yes, Worldwinds has some under the Shaku Perfs. Not identical to Last Samurai but definitely great.

Joel

Go Back to forum