• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TCC: Composers, please update your information

Share/Bookmark

TCC: Composers, please update your information

Hey, guys.

We currently have over 200 songs and 45 composers participating in the Internet radio station The Composer Channel (TCC). At present, I only have information for 34 of you. If you've contributed songs to be played on the radio, we need you to create an account on the site, which will enable you to update your composer information, edit song titles and song notes, and also allows me a way to reach you if there are questions / problems with your songs, etc.

Additionally, for those of you who do not have enough material yet to sell a complete CD, we can still include you on compilation CDs, giving you more exposure and the ability to enhance your income at least a little. In order to do this, you need to check the box when editing your song information that indicates you want it included in the collection CDs.

As you can tell by the amount of work I've been doing on this project, I'm really excited about being able to promote so many talented composers who are such nice people. However, I also have a ton of work to do for my business (writing, speaking, consulting - I have to make a living like everyone else ), so I would truly appreciate your help in keeping your composer and song info up to date. Together, we can bring something special to your listeners.

So, if you haven't done so already, please go to www.ShowProgramming.com and follow the instructions on the home page under Are you a Contributing Composer to get yourself set up.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: TCC: Composers, please update your information

Chris, there is a little tiny teensy weensy check box "include in CD", is that what I think it's for?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Chris, there is a little tiny teensy weensy check box "include in CD", is that what I think it's for?
    Yes - checking this box allows us to include your songs in any collection CDs we create, which of course is a way for you to make a little extra money for that new GPO library fund!

I'm working on the details page for the CDs (what the CD price is, how much the composers make, etc.) as we speak...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

just signed in and sent a mail to you!
    i didnt found the checkbox you were referring to... but i suppose doesnt matter for now! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    just signed in and sent a mail to you!
    i didnt found the checkbox you were referring to... but i suppose doesnt matter for now! :-)
    Hi, Bosone.

In order to get your songs played on the radio, you'll need to submit them to me. At that point, I create an entry in the composer database (see Composers on the left hand menu). See http://localhost/GettingAirplay.asp for information on how to submit songs. Even though we're not yet ready to do CDs for international folks, you can still get airplay, and you can still promote your web site and other aspects of your work via your composer page.

Also, you'll need to create an account with your real name, i.e. FirstnameLastname, as indicated on the GettingAirplay.asp page, so that I can link you to the composer database. When you get ready to submit songs, just pm me and I'll manually fix your user id for you.

As noted elsewhere, please do not send mp3 attachments to my email address listed here, as it would clog up my personal correspondences with people. The getting airplay page as full info on how to get your music to me.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

EDIT: Never mind...just found it today. I'll update it. Sorry!!

Disregard below:

I would love to update my information if I could find myself on the site. I emailed you with (I think) 3 songs and I registered, yet when I follow the instrucs to click on Members and then Composers, I don't see my name in the list so I can't really update my info (nor the info on the songs) until I can get to my particular profile.
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. Selby
    I would love to update my information if I could find myself on the site. I emailed you with (I think) 3 songs and I registered, yet when I follow the instrucs to click on Members and then Composers, I don't see my name in the list so I can't really update my info (nor the info on the songs) until I can get to my particular profile.
    Hey, Kevin.

Just got you added last night and sent an email to the address you registered with to let you know. If you login and go there now, you'll find your name directly underneath Kevin Fletcher Tweedy and above Louis Dekker.

Let me know if you have any adventures, otherwise, edit away!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Hi, Bosone.

In order to get your songs played on the radio, you'll need to submit them to me.
    Hi!
    maybe i miss something...
    i first signed up as a member, then sent a mail to
    GPOFiles at
    ShowProgramming.com
    with the links to my songs....

Chris, I've added my website and a brief bio three times now. I press Update and it shows up there, but when I check back in there, it's gone again. It is not being retained. I am hesitant to add any info again or to add anything about my piece until I know it is going to stay there. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    Hi!
    maybe i miss something...
    i first signed up as a member, then sent a mail to
    GPOFiles at
    ShowProgramming.com
    with the links to my songs....
    Hey, man.

I see your email with songs. I have to manually add you to the composer database before you can edit your stuff. I'll try to get to that tonight and will email you when it's ready.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum