• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help me achieve that Chorused Piano (GM) sound like Careless Whisper's intro?

Share/Bookmark

Please help me achieve that Chorused Piano (GM) sound like Careless Whisper's intro?

Hi!
    I like to work with GM midis and many songs feature that Chorused Piano sound. I dont even know if thats a speciall synth piano famous years ago or what.... In any case I would like to emulate that sound as close to reality as possible so please tell me what should I use. I have lots of Piano samples like Bardstown Bosendorfer, Vintaudio Yamaha...etc

Re: Please help me achieve that Chorused Piano (GM) sound like Careless Whisper's intro?

Do you know any names of the songs?

Alrighty, now I see, Careless Whisper (I missed the second line of the title).

Re: Please help me achieve that Chorused Piano (GM) sound like Careless Whisper's intro?

This may or may not help, but I've found that if you take any old piano patch (I even tried the mda and 4front freebies for this purpose) and double it with any nice pad sound (Atmosphere is what I used), you get a nice late 80s-early 90s Big LA-MIDI'd Grand sound...

Re: Please help me achieve that Chorused Piano (GM) sound like Careless Whisper's in

I have Atmosphere, what pad do you use?

I don't recall exactly, but 'Hollow Stones' (?) seems to ring a Bell (pun intended) and always seems to double piano nicely...Also try experimenting with some of the Airy Pads...

Go Back to forum