• Register
  • Help

Topic: New orchestral song

New orchestral song

Hi everyone . I've been working on this mock-up thingy for the last week . I will be using it for the Sam True Strike freebie competition so it has lots of percs in it .

I would really appreciate some Help comments for EQ -> I am having lots of problems getting a good sound. Everything sounds ok on my pc with headphones but when i play it through my Discman it sounds mediocre , with no bite and with too many highs etc . Does it sound ok over there ? What should i boost/cut ?

First song on the list called " Inside the Closet " . Download via MP3 link or Stream ( download recommended )

Thanks in advance .
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Re: New orchestral song

Yes the percussions are slightly on the bright side. You could try equing with a wide parametric eq somewhere around 7 kHz (just quessing after one listen) on the percussion tracks but a better option would be a dynamic eq or a multiband compressor to alter the highs only when there is a hard hit.

What are the strings used on the track?

Re: New orchestral song

Thanks for the comments Janila , i will try it out now
    The whole thing is using three Roland S-700 libraries . The strings is from the Orchestral Family Vol.1 Strings .
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum