• Register
  • Help

Topic: Economic Suicide

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Economic Suicide

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Note the part about cuts to NSF. Not only do we cut the pipes, we poison the well.

The republicans successfully made “liberal” a bad word. (A propaganda tool that has worked wonders for them for years). I propose a new name for the"conservatives" - “THE REDS” as in Red States, Red Ink, and it has the bonus negative “communist” connotation. As for us Blues, let’s toss “liberal” in favor of “progressive”.

Too bad that it’s too late.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Economic Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112

Note the part about cuts to NSF. Not only do we cut the pipes, we poison the well.

The republicans successfully made “liberal” a bad word. (A propaganda tool that has worked wonders for them for years). I propose a new name for them - “THE REDS” as in Red States, Red Ink, and it has the bonus negative “communist” connotation. As for us Blues, let’s toss “liberal” in favor of “progressive”.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to the word liberal. Despite the fact that Republicans have tried to make it a dirty word, you have to remember that, even if we accept the outcome of this election as legitimate, more people voted for John Kerry than any other challenger in history. This DESPITE the fact that he was painted as the "most liberal senator in Congress."

According to Kerry, this whole election turned on 50,000 votes. The truth is, if you poll issue by issue, people in this country are overwhelmingly liberal leaning.

Liberal isn't a nasty word. If we sucumb to the notion that it is, then we're saying that the Republicans have succeeded, and I don't believe they have.

I wear the label proudly, and so should we all.

Too bad "liberal" doesn't actually apply to you, Rob. Anybody who's for MORE taxes, MORE regulation, and therefore a larger government, cannot be truly called "liberal" in the original sense. See the definition Brian provided.

True. Nor can you apply the word "conservative" to the Republicans, who are generally against conservation and have taken very high risk actions in the past four years..

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112

The republicans successfully made “liberal” a bad word. (A propaganda tool that has worked wonders for them for years). I propose a new name for them - “THE REDS” as in Red States, Red Ink, and it has the bonus negative “communist” connotation. As for us Blues, let’s toss “liberal” in favor of “progressive”.

Or Blue as in Depressed

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    True. Nor can you apply the word "conservative" to the Republicans, who are generally against conservation and have taken very high risk actions in the past four years..

-JF
    While I still tend to refer to myself as "conservative" just for the sake of not having to explain my differences of opinion to most people, I don't really consider myself a conservative. And I SURE AS HECK don't associate with those Neo-Con jerks who are taking over. I wish more Republicans would wake up to these guys and realize they are fundamentally different from traditional "conservatives".

Go Back to forum