• Register
  • Help

Topic: Karl Garrett?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Karl Garrett?

One of the pleasures I am missing lately is the sound of your excellent mastery of the guitar. When will you be gracing us with another demo of superb tranquility, control and intricacy?
    Styxx

Re: Karl Garrett?

Ah Gosh Styxx,

I've been doing some recording of guitar, but without GPO. So, although I'd love to share, It's probably not best for this forum. I'll pm you a tune or two now and then to keep your guitar lusting satiated.

Right now I'm working on Peter and the Wolf. My wife is doing the narration, and my son's girlfriend is doing some artistic renderings of the animals and their corresponding instruments, and the story for a little book to accompany the CD. The music is well over half done at this time. Hope to have it done by Christmas, which is why I didn'’t contribute anything for the GPO Christmas CD. Boy, how I wanted to.

Each day I'm so impressed with GPO all over again. I'm also impressed with the skills of Prokofieff. If anyone is interested, I can post a few teasers of Peter as it's being recorded.

My next little project after Peter will be to record at least the 2nd movement of the Concerto De Aranjuez. Obviously I'll have fun with that and you'll probably get more guitar than you bargained for.

Karl

Smile Re: Karl Garrett?

Wow, I am honored! Please, if it's not too much trouble or taking you away from your work I would love to hear your work.
    I've been working on The Wizard of OZ. Most of the sheet music I've encountered is some rendition of the original (I think). It's a shame that people rearrange signature songs of the original to some obscure sorry representation. I tried to persuade the committee to use a live orchestra but they paid for the royalties and rights to do it with computer. It is proving to be an enormous undertaking. Every number is planed to be GPO if I can make it work.
    Again, thanks and good to hear from you again. By the way, it was my mother who asked about you. She had heard your playing before and is a great lover of classical guitar. So, if you don't mind I would like her to hear.

Thanks

Sal
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    If anyone is interested, I can post a few teasers of Peter as it's being recorded.
    Karl
    Count me as one being very interested! Prokofieff is one of my favorites and I really liked the sample of Peter's theme you posted a little while back.

BTW, I remember a little while back you said the inn up in Ogunquite invited you back to play. Don't forget to let us know if you are going to be playing.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Count me as one being very interested! Prokofieff is one of my favorites and I really liked the sample of Peter's theme you posted a little while back.

BTW, I remember a little while back you said the inn up in Ogunquite invited you back to play. Don't forget to let us know if you are going to be playing.
    Thanks, I'll slip a snippet or two on the demo page as soon as I get a chance. Of course I am going to post it when it’s done, but it's about thirty minutes long all together and many people won't be able to download such a lengthy piece, so I'll post a couple of the themes without narration as it progresses.

I have not heard from the folks in Maine about doing a weekend up there, if anything comes of it I'll let you know.

Karl

Go Back to forum