• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Recorder Samples on-line

Share/Bookmark

Recorder Samples on-line

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good on-line resource that allows you to pay for and download individual samples. Im specifically looking for samples of the recorder family of instruments including the Alto and Tenor Recorders. The only library I have found containing these samples is from Westgate/Tascam but I really dont need the other winds in the library and I cant seem to find a source that allows one to download just the recorders.

Thanks
    Andy B.

Re: Recorder Samples on-line

there are some downloadable Worra's recorders on
    http://www.primesounds.com/main/samp...ume.jsp?id=148

Luca
    Last edited by Lux; 11-20-2004 at 10:03 AM.

If you want to you can become a virtuoso in 3 years. I had 3 years of lessons as a kid, and it was a passage into other woodwinds I play now (like ethnic flutes, sax etc...). I myself am thinking about sampling a collection of recorders I have acces to, ranging from renaissance, baroque to modern recorders and ethnic ones. If I do I will most likely put them online for free. First I'll be getting some quality pre-amps...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I'm bumping up the thread because I seem to recall someone mentioning that they were in the process of sampling recorders. Maybe they'll see the thread and jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I'm bumping up the thread because I seem to recall someone mentioning that they were in the process of sampling recorders. Maybe they'll see the thread and jump in.
    I have recorded recorders (!)
    It's a set of 5 recorders: Bass, Alt, Tenor, Sopran and Sopranini. Played by a professional player. (Studied recorder several years in Switzerland´, I can tell you that he's VERY serious about recorders!).
    These instruments (and several others) will be available in a week or so from our soon to be opened direct download store.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Which instruments were recorded? Moeck? Kobliczeck?

A real recorder line sounds good because of its imperfections. Playing perfect straight recorder tones on a keyboard might sound awkward. I can't imagine good, realistic behaving recorder that is sampled without some kind of legato tool. What do you say?

I can't imagine any mortal becoming a virtuoso on anything in three years.

The demos Worra posted a while back sounded good to me, so that would work.

(Also, not to toot my own recorder, but I can record soprano or alto recorder parts and email files back.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    there are some downloadable Worra's recorders on
    http://www.primesounds.com/main/samp...ume.jsp?id=148

Luca
    Thanks everyone for the info. I went and downloaded the tenor Recorder from the above link. From what I could tell the actual samples are available free but For Eur 7 it was well worth it to download the preformatted Giga patch and not have to mess with assembling the instrument.

Lee, your point is a good one. I looked a few recorders over the weekend and, if I get this gig for whcih I am doing this demo, I will invest in a good one.

Worra, can you send me an email when the library is ready for purchase on-line?

Thanks
    Andy

Hi Worra,

These are not on you Sanpletekk site or habe I missed these?

Regards,

Ben H

Go Back to forum