• Register
  • Help

Topic: need an advice

Share/Bookmark

need an advice

Hi folks,

I'm an happy owner of the Garritan personal orchestra. But, I wish I could have some saxophones and drums libraries because I have to write for a big band...
    If you have some products to recommand to me.
    Regards
    Laurent
    On mac G 5 2x2,5 Ghz, 2,5 Go RAM

Smile Re: need an advice

Bonjour bmtl,
    I recently bought BFD from fxpansion (England?)and it has several good sounding drum kits (no brushes) along with a collection of midi drum grooves in various styles for you to play along with or audition the kits if you wish. BFD is a VSTi useable in your sequencer host or as a stand alone. It is quite simple to use and costs around $350 or so with 9 gigs of data. For almost the same price, fxpansion is offering a new "add on" collection of 22 gigs of data, including brush and mallet hits and a lot more drumkit components. I'm quite pleased with the quality of the kits for sequencing or recording: lots of layers to the sounds and three levels of miking. You need a recent computer with about a gig of RAM to use these big, quality samples. Bonne chance!.

Re: need an advice

Mr. Garritan is working on a big band library. Don't know when the release date is yet. Check back around NAMM time in January which is when most of the companies have info on their new products.

Re: need an advice

Quote Originally Posted by djp
    BFD is a VSTi useable in your sequencer host or as a stand alone. It is quite simple to use and costs around $350 or so with 9 gigs of data.
    I'm on a macintosh computer, hopping this will work with... I'll go on their web site, and perhaps will wait until january to find the best product.
    Merci beaucoup!
    Laurent
    P.S. I'll be in tour in Canada in the beginning of march
    On mac G 5 2x2,5 Ghz, 2,5 Go RAM

Go Back to forum