• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reassign expression to modulation

Share/Bookmark

Question Reassign expression to modulation

Hi there.

My first post on the forum! I'm new to Garritan and don't have a mod wheel (I know, I know!). I'm quite happy with my current keyboard and would like to reassign my expression/volume pedal using Logic 5.1 for Windows. The pedal registers with Edirol, the other VST I use so I don't believe there are any MIDI problems - I just don't know how to reassign the pedal so that it will work with Garritan.

I know this is really a question for a Logic Forum but, as you probably know - they've stopped doing it for Windows and nobody wants to know

I've read on the CC# work around and I'm not a fan, pedal is much simpler without having to splash out on a new keyboard.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Reassign expression to modulation

You will need to download and install the X-Custom library for this to work. The X-Custom library is free and allows you to choose from a number of available controls to control volume/timbre in the place of the mod wheel. This library is available on Garritan's website for download. Don't worry, it is a relatively small download.

For more information on how this works, you can check out the X-Custom interactive flash tutorial I made.

X Custom Flash Tutorial

The tutorial is interactive meaning your input will be required to progress through the tutorial. Follow the on screen instructions to learn how to set up and use the X-Custom instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    You will need to download and install the X-Custom library for this to work. The X-Custom library is free and allows you to choose from a number of available controls to control volume/timbre in the place of the mod wheel. This library is available on Garritan's website for download. Don't worry, it is a relatively small download.

For more information on how this works, you can check out the X-Custom interactive flash tutorial I made.

X Custom Flash Tutorial

The tutorial is interactive meaning your input will be required to progress through the tutorial. Follow the on screen instructions to learn how to set up and use the X-Custom instruments.
    I think I love you!

Thanks

Blushing...

Thumbs up Re: Reassign expression to modulation

Welcome to the forum and hope to hear some music from you soon!
    J.B. is good isn't he....
    Styxx

Go Back to forum