• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio is experiencing initialization problems - error 218

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio is experiencing initialization problems - error 218

Does anyone know how to fix this error? I get it if I try to open GS right after XP starts, but if I wait a couple minutes it goes away.

Thanks,
    Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi

Re: Gigastudio is experiencing initialization problems - error 218

Hi !

It takes some time for XP to \"start up\" the drivers for the connected hardware devices.
    I also get this message if i try to start GS too soon after loading XP - in my case it´s the midisport4x4 USB-port driver that causes the error.

I haven´t found any fix for this problem, but to wait until the little greenish thing in the lower right corner lights up before starting GS (the \"secure removal\" icon - it indicates that XP has found the USB device).

I´ve also disabled XP:s power saving for the USB port, that sometimes made my computer boot without finding the Midisport.

Do a search on \"218\" or something like that and you´ll probably find more info !

Cheers ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Gigastudio is experiencing initialization problems - error 218

I ran into this startup error right after upgrading. I had old icons on my desktop that apparently referred to the pre-updated version of GS (whcih either wasn\'t there, or wasn\'t all there anymore). Once I started using the icons that pointed to the update, the error went away.

GS doesn\'t check the QuickLaunch bar, for example, when it\'s performing an upgrade.

So if you\'ve just gone to the latest version, scrap your icons and place new ones on the desktop. That might help.

Go Back to forum