• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GigaStudio with Finale

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio with Finale

Has anyone successfully configured Gigastudio 2.5 with Finale 2002, using Windows XP Pro???

Every time I try to select the Gigastudio Port in Finale, it tells me, \"This function is not supported. Use the Capabilities function to determine which functions and messages the driver supports.\" This occurs even when GigaStudio isn\'t running (I initially thought it was complaining that the port was in use...)

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Re: GigaStudio with Finale

Do you have the 2002b update installed?

Yeah. I have the 2002b update.

Actually, to correct my post: I can *select* the Nemesys Port 1, but when trying to play the finale file, the error occurs. I did get everything working properly with Cakewalk, but most of my compositions are in finale and I find Finale much more capable when creating scores.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this issue!?

Thanks!

-Brennan

I remember having the problem, but I don’t remember just what cured it. Does it work if you de-select the 32-bit MIDI driver?

Also, there’s an alternate version of one of the MIDI related support files, finmidi.dll. If you email Coda tech support, they’ll send it to you.

Bill, Thanks for the tip. I can\'t seem to unselect the 32-bit midi driver in Finale (the midi menu item that says load 32 driver). I did change the settings under GigaStudio to 44.1 and 16 bit, but that didn\'t do anything.

I\'ve got an email into Coda, so hopefully I\'ll her something soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Brennan

Have you selected Finale to be your sequencer from within GigaStudio? I recommend restarting the computer, starting GigaStudio, choosing Finale as the sequencer, and then pushing the sequencer button to start Finale. Then change the MIDI drivers in Finale.

You won\'t have access to the 16-bit MIDI driver with Finale in Windows XP. Using the older version of the finmidi.dll file isn\'t a bad idea to try, but I\'m using GigaStudio successfully with the newer finmidi.dll file (they changed it between 2001b and 2001c).

astrt4:

I tried lauching Finale from the sequencer button in GigaStudio, but I still get the same error when attempting to play in Finale. I wonder if the problem is in the port GigaStudio creates... Calkwalk Sonar uses it fine, however.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though! Any more ideas?? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] What version of GigaStudio are you using; have you installed the latest update? I suppose that *could* be my problem... but it\'s so strange that Cakewalk works and Finale doesn\'t.

When I beta testing Gigastudio for Windows XP/2000, I had the same problem. That error message came up.
    I am running windows 2000, and everything is working well.
    The solution was fixed when one of the \'updates\' or \'builds\' was changed. The problem is in your version of gigastudio. After I got a later version, finale and giga worked together again.
    Which exact version of giga studio are you using? Which version of XP are you using? (home or pro).
    If you like, you may email me priviately:
    dhrott@sunflower.com

Esperlad:

Thanks for the post and advice. I am trying GigaStudio 2.50.10 with Windows XP Professional. Unfortunately, I am unable to download the update from Nemesys/Tascam, as I am working with a friend\'s demo/test version of GigaStudio. I\'m hoping I can get everything working before I decide to fork over $600 (plus $1000+ for instruments) for the real thing, which can\'t be returned even if it doesn\'t work correctly. Maybe I\'ll just wait for version 3.0 and pray it works... When is it due out anyway?

BTW, I received errors trying to email your supplied address.

\"a friend\'s demo/test version of GigaStudio\"

Ahhhhhh... There is no demo/test version of GigaStudio...

Go Back to forum