• Register
  • Help

Topic: Simple upgrade with PC

Share/Bookmark

Simple upgrade with PC

I\'m doing what should be a simple upgrade from windows 98 to 2000 professional, so I can get the Gigastudio upgrades. How the h%*#ll do you install an upgrade when you are forced to install updates to drivers that are like finding needles in a hay stack, and even when you do find an updated driver the computer is too blind to see it!?

The setup process gives me a long list of files that I need updates for(even though I\'ve installed all of the windows latest drivers). I have an AMD Azus A7 V motherboard and a Thunderbird 900mhz.CPU in a computer made by a no name micky mouse outfit called AFT.

How do I find this mythological driver and how do i get my blind computer to see it?

Thanks,
    Frustrated.

Rick [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Simple upgrade with PC

Are you trying to upgrade over the existing win98? This is possible but NOT recommended (at all!) You should back up your drives, and go for a complete W2K install from scratch. My guess is this will probably fix most of your driver problems.

For drivers that W2K still needs- try to identify the maker of the specific hardware (mainboard, gfx card, etc) and locate the company website. Most likely you\'ll find the drivers you need.

Re: Simple upgrade with PC

Originally posted by BlueNote:
    Are you trying to upgrade over the existing win98? This is possible but NOT recommended (at all!) You should back up your drives, and go for a complete W2K install from scratch. My guess is this will probably fix most of your driver problems.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I had a feeling it was gonna come down to this
    Thanks,
    Rick

Go Back to forum