• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using GS3 on W2K?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using GS3 on W2K?

I know that it is not officially supported by Tascam, but it is generally thought to work. So I am looking to see if anyone is actually using GS3 on W2K without any problems?? My computer is a W2K and I would prefer not to switch to either of the XP versions.

Thanks

Re: Anyone using GS3 on W2K?

Hello master of the pug -
    I believe that you will find at least one, maybe more, threads on this very topic somewhere in this forum.
    Some people have had no problems with W2K/GS3... better read those previous posts though.
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Sorry to bother you with repetitive questions, LickitySplit. But neither of the previous posts #5788 or #6029 were very authorative. It doesn't mean very much to saythat GS displayed on the screen without causing a BSOD. I was hoping that someone would report that they are using it on a daily basis with a relatively heavy load without an undue number of crashes. Until I find that someone, I will continue with GS 2.5.

Also this same question will probably come up with each release of GS (will W2K continue to work under GS 3.02 or GS 3.03), because it does need to be reconfirmed with each release. So please get use to this question, because it will be occurring and re-occurring on a regular basis.

Anyway just blame MSFT because I have no intention of upgrading to a graphics heavy OS (yes, it is still graphics heavy even in XP "classic" mode) for a computer dedicated to audio purposes.

The question did not bother me... I simply thought that I'd let you know that I remember similar threads being posted in the past few weeks. Don't mistake an honest attempt to help you out as being some kind of invitation for war.

Good luck finding your answer...
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Quote Originally Posted by pugmaster
    Anyway just blame MSFT because I have no intention of upgrading to a graphics heavy OS (yes, it is still graphics heavy even in XP "classic" mode) for a computer dedicated to audio purposes.
    Shutting this stuff off is well-documented. Please refer to the Tascam optimization guide.

Go Back to forum