• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI EMPEROR added to Group Buy!

Share/Bookmark

PMI EMPEROR added to Group Buy!

Due to the overwhelming succes of our Group Buy initiative we decided to give even more value: I added the EMPEROR to the PMI Group Buy. The duration of this offer is also 1 month (so just in time for Christmas!). This offer ends December 23.

You can now order the EMPEROR and the OLD LADY with the same crazy discount (60%) for $ 80 each by clicking the next link:

Group Buy PMI OLD LADY + EMPEROR

See Counter: PMI Group Buy Topic
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

andyt

Re: PMI EMPEROR added to Group Buy!

Hi Michael,

Does this mean can buy either ;

Old Lady or Emporer in the group buy, ie you can choose which library.

Or are you offering a bundled Old Lady / Emporer, as a separate group buy.

Or can you buy the Emporer on its own ?

Thanks for any clarification.

You can buy Old Lady and/or EMPEROR, for $ 80 each.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Just ordered the Emperor in Giga format. Total no brainer! Can't wait!

Just out of interest, how well does the Giga version convert to Kontakt using CDXtract/Translator/Kontakt import? Or are there patches available for download on your site, or is there a sidegrade offer?

How easy it is to use a convolution plugin to replace the Gigapulse functionality?

AHHH, my poor wallet....
    Tim

Michael, I'm thinking of getting in on these. I noticed your post that the EXS24 version is missing some of the features. If EXS24 is upgraded to included the necessary sampler features will you add them to that version of your instruments? And will the IR samples work fine in SpaceDesigner? Also, have you thought of providing the Kontakt patches with EXS24 so we have the option of running it in Kontakt for full functionality?

Thanks!
    Matthew

EXS24 is not the most powerful solution at this very moment. The release layer implementation is a little primitive. Some other things (such as real re-pedalling) are difficult to achieve. Even more so when you consider the 64 voice polyphony limitation.
    I did fiddle around with Space Designer just a few days ago. You can load the body resonance IR´s from the Gold Bundle piano DVD and use them to build a `custom` body resonator. I didn´t find the right sound yet and don´t understand how to distribute your own SpaceDesigner content. Also you need to switch the Space Designer instance on and off (or rather fade in and out) when the sustain pedal is operated. This should be possible in Logic but it takes a little more experimentation for me to achieve that. I hope that the Logic community will start experimenting with these options so that more input exists.
    In the mean time I do believe that Apple will come with a major upgrade for the EXS24 MkII sampler. It should anyway, MkII is 2 years old now and competition did not exactly sit still... I´m hoping the winter NAMM 2005 brings news from Apple.

When EXS24 will get new features we will certainly be the first to try them out and implement them in our piano libraries, just like we did with the great new features of GS3. It´s all a matter of time. And all updates will be free downloads from our website as usual unless new DVD media is involved (in which case we charge a modest $50 fee for handling and shipping).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by griels
    Just out of interest, how well does the Giga version convert to Kontakt using CDXtract/Translator/Kontakt import? Or are there patches available for download on your site, or is there a sidegrade offer?
    All patches are on our website as free downloads. The conversion with our patches works 90% ok.
    How easy it is to use a convolution plugin to replace the Gigapulse functionality?
    Not so easy. The best results come from GS3, all other options are "experiments" some of which work rather nice.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Great Michiel, thanks for the quick reply!

I'm stunned Thanks, Michiel!

This is a no brainer !!

Go Back to forum