• Register
  • Help

Topic: X-Custom problems

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy X-Custom problems

Hi

I posted yesterday about allowing my volume/expression contoller to replace the mod wheel and Joseph pointed me in the direction of the X-Custom patch which I have downloaded and fiddled with. The problem is that I can't seem to get it to work

I'm using Logic 5.1 a standard volume/expression pedal and a Roland fp9 keyboard. Logic will read the pedal data when I am using Edirol and other VSTi's but the x-custom patch won't read my pedal. If I set to "pedal" then my sustain pedal will work, all be it will very dodgy results and the only other option that seems relavant is "foot controller" which won't work at all. Naturally I've tried all options and increased the velocity settings but no joy. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Re: X-Custom problems

I wonder if this has to do with the way that Kontakt sees the data. I wonder if it is just seeing it as an 'on/off' value and not a continuous stream of data. I'm not sure what to recommend. I imagine since the 'pedal' option is the only one giving you any results that it is the right choice. I'm at a loss, since I'm still new to all this myself.

Unhappy Re: X-Custom problems

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Herman
    Hi
    I'm using Logic 5.1 a standard volume/expression pedal and a Roland fp9 keyboard. Logic will read the pedal data when I am using Edirol and other VSTi's but the x-custom patch won't read my pedal. If I set to "pedal" then my sustain pedal will work, all be it will very dodgy results and the only other option that seems relavant is "foot controller" which won't work at all. Naturally I've tried all options and increased the velocity settings but no joy. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Might this be related to my trouble with X-Custom patches?

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=26508
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Go Back to forum