• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Free Christmas GPO CDs?

Share/Bookmark

Free Christmas GPO CDs?

Gary does not feel right charging for the CDs because the music was all donated. He has the full responsibility at this point to duplicate, print and mail all of these CDs to the various folks that want them. We're talking probably a few hundred. We don't realize how many people visit and read this forum but never post. Those people too will contact Harps.com and order a few CDs. Gary wants to give them away, he said and I quote "Chistmas is a time of giving" I agree, but to take on that large expense is quite an undertaking. I think it would very reasonable and professional of us to at least offer him $5.00 per CD. This would barely cover the cost of the materials and shipping. For the overseas customers, it would not be enough. I think we should offer him $5.00 for each CD that we order from him. Some may take the attitude..... Darnit Dan, I wish you would just keep your big mouth shut

For me at least, I was honored to master this project, and my time was simply a love gift to the GPO community. I just hope that you all agree that we should thank Gary by at least offering to cover his expenses. I talked with him today, and he was working on the artwork for the face of the CD itself.
    Gary is such a giving person and I am not trying to turn this into a mutual admiration society meeting but I think I have made my point clear.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Thumbs up Re: Free Christmas GPO CDs?

I see no reason to dispute the $5.00 for this CD! Gary has done more for all of us than just the time put in for this CD. Just take in account the updates him and his staff worked so hard to present to us at no extra cost and the on going tech help. Damn, count me in for 10 CDs!
    And Dan, thank you so much for seeing this through and making it a reality! Many many thanks!
    Styxx

Re: Free Christmas GPO CDs?

I too would like 10 to give away for presents. But I would feel horrible asking for that many if I didn't pay something for them. I think $5 is a fair price.

Karl

Gary,

As a friend and GPO user, I feel an intervention is in order. You need help. You are suffering from a bad case of "Santa Complex".

A small fee to cover costs isn't too much to ask.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Fine with the $5.00 charge. I think its more than fair considering the cost that will go into duplication and shipping.

I'll pay shipping. Another thought - for $5 extra, include the Christmas CD with purchases of GPO, GOS until Christmas.

Stevemitchell

$5 is totally reasonable!!

(I suppose you could offer it also as an iTunes style "Mp3+pdf" thing as well for an alternative...)

Thumbs up Re: Free Christmas GPO CDs?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    I'll pay shipping. Another thought - for $5 extra, include the Christmas CD with purchases of GPO, GOS until Christmas.

Stevemitchell
    HEY!~ That's an excellent idea for the Holidays! Nice thinking!!
    Styxx

Everybody is so nice here, you have all made me so proud to be associated with you. Now let's hope Gary gets em' done real quick too
    Gary, I would like 10 also.
    I Like Steve's idea,
    DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Gary does not feel right charging for the CDs because the music was all donated. He has the full responsibility at this point to duplicate, print and mail all of these CDs to the various folks that want them. We're talking probably a few hundred. We don't realize how many people visit and read this forum but never post. Those people too will contact Harps.com and order a few CDs. Gary wants to give them away, he said and I quote "Chistmas is a time of giving" I agree, but to take on that large expense is quite an undertaking. I think it would very reasonable and professional of us to at least offer him $5.00 per CD. This would barely cover the cost of the materials and shipping. For the overseas customers, it would not be enough. I think we should offer him $5.00 for each CD that we order from him. Some may take the attitude..... Darnit Dan, I wish you would just keep your big mouth shut

For me at least, I was honored to master this project, and my time was simply a love gift to the GPO community. I just hope that you all agree that we should thank Gary by at least offering to cover his expenses. I talked with him today, and he was working on the artwork for the face of the CD itself.
    Gary is such a giving person and I am not trying to turn this into a mutual admiration society meeting but I think I have made my point clear.

Any thoughts?

Dan
    Five dollars a copy is very reasonable, I'll be wanting five of them. By the way, if you need a great bargain for replicating, check out the Disc Makers (www.discmakers.com) $990 for 1000 replicated CDs in full-color polywrapped jackets, 3 color on-disc printing. About a 2 week TAT if everything goes smoothly. I've had 2 projects recently completed by them in this format, and it's a great deal for a quality package. With shipping, works out to total cost of only about $1 per unit. You can ask for Mike Fischer or Chris Rake, tell them Jim Hammer from "CrossWalk" told you about it.

Be sure to specify "no additional mastering required" since Dan has taken care of that. Also, for another $250 or so, their art department will be happy to lend a hand finalizing the artwork if needed.

Jim

Go Back to forum