• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting GIGA files to Kontakt.. question

Converting GIGA files to Kontakt.. question

Hi everybody!

Its My right here.. I'm a Kontakt user and i bought some Giga soudlibrary and i'm converting them to Kontakt using CdXtrackt for the job. Now my concern is.. lets say the .GIG file is 600 MB.. and when i open it in CdXtract to convert.. a n d lets say in that .gig file there is 10 Programs.. then my Kontakt folder of the same liubrary becomes bigger. Is that normal? Because when I convert each program, It create the NKI file plus a Sample Folder that comes with that Program example: Vienna Solo MOd..

Example i have the Viena Strings library one of them wich in the Folder that I put the .Gig file (from Harp blabalba) its 6.82 gig now after i convert to NKI, the whole NKI folder is at: 10. something gig.. wich is a lot no?

So i was wondering if there is a way to make that the NKI convertion stays in the same size like the .gig file. Thank you very much

And happy Thanks Giving

Re: Converting GIGA files to Kontakt.. question

No, the gig files are compressed and uncompressed on the fly whereas the Kontakt files are just standard uncompressed wav files.

Go Back to forum