• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thoughts?

Share/Bookmark

Thoughts?

Hello all!
    This is my first attempt at writing orchestral music. I usually write electronic music, so it was quite a leap to this. I'm visiting my buddy right now, and I'm considering purchasing GPO because I've been playing around with it here. I'm not sure if I'm equiped to write the complex levels of instrumentation involved in orchestral music, but I am quite proud of my first attempt. I'll be leaving in a few days, so I won't any access to GPO after that, but if I get a good enough response, I may consider laying down the $250+ for the library. Thanks for listening to both my rambling and my first attempt!

http://www.solaristudios.com/forgotten_one.mp3

Bye all! (for now!)

Re: Thoughts?

Mercy me, Edwardo....spend the $250 or live with your friend!!

This was great generally and really great in certain places....I particularly liked the part starting 0:40s into it. You really make the brass kick arse!!!!

Edwardo, I forgive you for your ramblings.

Frank

Thank you so much, Frank! I was only able to work with it for about 3-4 hours when I rendered that MP3, but I was very impressed by how quickly I could lay stuff down. GPO is a very easy to use library! Especially getting positive feedback from such a prestegious member as yourself, I'm very seriously considering the purchase of GPO. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo
    Thank you so much, Frank! I was only able to work with it for about 3-4 hours when I rendered that MP3, but I was very impressed by how quickly I could lay stuff down. GPO is a very easy to use library! Especially getting positive feedback from such a prestegious member as yourself, I'm very seriously considering the purchase of GPO. Thanks again!
    You're welcome Edwardo.....but please don't say I'm prestigious!! I don't sit comfortably with that sort of thing!! and I don't know where you get that idea from anyway as I'm only a hobbyist.

I just enjoy spouting off about things.... knowing anything about the subject isn't important to me!

Frank

Edwardo,

First attempt? Geez! If you don't buy GPO right now, then you're going to have to smack yourself for me!

Great job! Keep us updated on your pieces as you make them.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Nice song for your first orchestral composition. YOu make the brass sound very nice too. Around the end where the brass plays those chords i wouldde had those notes legato, and had the crescendo, then decrescendo..but thats minor!

If you get more serious about writing orchestral, you shold buy another libabry sometime. I think EWQLSO Silver is a very good compliment to GPO, because each library fills the gaps in the other. Silver has less solo instruments, GPO easily fixes that...silver has better basses IMO, and they go with GPOs strings fine!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Edwardo,

First attempt? Geez! If you don't buy GPO right now, then you're going to have to smack yourself for me!

Great job! Keep us updated on your pieces as you make them.

Wes
    Well, I guess I'm gonna have to smack myself a lot then! Quite a few of you guys thought I was pretty close to insane for not immediately buying GPO! I appreciate the support, very much!!! If anyone's interested, here are a few more links to some songs I've been playing around with. The one with GPO (it's quite obvious, because it's the only song with an orchestra in it! I did it shortly before I left my friend's) is kind of an amalgamation (sp?) between orchestral and electronic.

Orjestic
    and as far as the techno/electronic goes:
    Untitled
    and
    Cryo 4

I appologize, because none of these are in MP3 format. If you want to listen to the OGG's, you can use Winamp. And the WMA is purely Windows Media, so I am aware of the Mac users not being able to listen to it. (Unless you can, which I didn't know about.) Either way, Orjestic I wrote at my friend's place when I was visiting, and it's QUITE incomplete. As far as the electronic stuff, it's all very incomplete as well. I recently had a hard drive crash, so these are old versions. I would VERY much appreciate ANY feedback on any of these songs, even though some don't quite fit the forum. Thanks guys, you're all very supportive! I just may keep writing some tunes if you think it's worth my while!

-=edwardo=-

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    You're welcome Edwardo.....but please don't say I'm prestigious!! I don't sit comfortably with that sort of thing!! and I don't know where you get that idea from anyway as I'm only a hobbyist.

I just enjoy spouting off about things.... knowing anything about the subject isn't important to me!

Frank
    Well, you have some 1,000+ posts on this forum, which is quite a bit compared to a lot of these guys. So yes, I'd say you're prestegious! (As uncomfortable as that makes you!) Thanks for the support, man!

-=edwardo=-

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo
    Well, you have some 1,000+ posts on this forum, which is quite a bit compared to a lot of these guys. So yes, I'd say you're prestegious! (As uncomfortable as that makes you!) Thanks for the support, man!

-=edwardo=-
    My pleasure Edwardo, nice to know that there's someone who hasn't pressed the ignore button!

Frank

Go Back to forum