• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanksgiving Boredom, Please Help!!!

Share/Bookmark

Thanksgiving Boredom, Please Help!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    If I have to work Thanksgiving, there's got to be someone out there to "argue" with about something... Any takers????

Re: Thanksgiving Boredom, Please Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    If I have to work Thanksgiving, there's got to be someone out there to "argue" with about something... Any takers????
    Well there's loads -but Brady and Charles probably tied up at the moment. Apart from that -

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all our American Friends from England! Have a good day!

Well, we've had and continue to have quite a few University of North Dakota hockey players go pro, like goalie Eddie Belfour. It's our only division one sport, and the only one that anyone seems to care much about beside football. For division 2 football we had Jim Kleinsasser who plays for the Vikings. I used to supervise the weight room on campus for 5 years so I normally know the people who go pro, so I know there are a few more for football, basketball, and a lot for hockey. Noone famous though. It's funny that a lot of the normal college guys who came in and lifted seemed to be a lot more in to their weight lifting than some of the sports teams. I guess it's because they didn't have to worry about an individual sport also and could concentrate only on weights. I played on the rugby team here, but it was a club team, and we did more drinking and partying than we did actual practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Hey Danimal,

Well, since I'm an old Michigan boy and the Lions are getting their butts kicked by the Colts, now I'M BORED!

Ern
    As if they ever had a chance

I played on the rugby team here, but it was a club team, and we did more drinking and partying than we did actual practice.
    You actually play Rugby in America? Well that's a new one to me. Haha!

Do you wear lots of padding?

Hehe!

Talking Re: Thanksgiving Boredom, Please Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Well, I don't know about Rugby, but Baseball players (especially behind the plate) in America wear "cups" which protect the private parts. Imagaine a hardball hitting your family jewels at 100 miles/hour! You'd be singing soprano forever.

Ern
    Yeah Ern. A cricket ball is a little bit harder and little but heavier than a baseball. We wear what is called a box. Players will wear more than one box depending on the state of the wicket. Anyone who ever played cricket has been hit in the bollocks at least once. Hard to explain the feeling actually except it make yer eyes water.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    You actually play Rugby in America? Well that's a new one to me. Haha!

Do you wear lots of padding?

Hehe!
    No, of course not, ha ha. I do tape my ears though so I don't get cauliflower ear. My sister met (no jokes please) the whole Irish rugby team on an airplane. Her husband, who also plays, was not happy that she didn't get him a signed autograph or anything. I've got their jersey though. It's about the only professional sport I care anything about. One of the guys who overpowered the terrorists on one of the 9/11 airplanes was a rugby player. Some guys made shirts and bumper stickers that said "in case of terrorism, break glass" and it had a rugby player inside, etc., etc. They made a lot of money off of those and gave it all to the 9/11 charities. I'm Scotch/Irish and German (a mutt). Hopefully my family is going to make a trip to Scotland and Ireland soon. My sister and her husband went for their honeymoon. They loved it. I don't know if I would come back any time soon. Maybe just sit in a pub, sing songs, and drink for a few years. I assume you've been there Paul?

Hey Dan, I should bloody well hope not. Rugby is a proper game - not a bunch of poofs running round covered in armour. I can't get these damn emoticons to work on this forum btw -how do you do it?

Yeah, Ireland are a very good side and play good open, fast Rugby. Good team. Scotland are generally crap. They're getting beat 10 -32 by the Sprigboks right this second actually. Poor side! Uh -Hum - England are World Champions of course! Wales beat Japan 98 - 0 or something the other day and I think the last game we had we beat Canada 70 -0. These are just warm up games, of course, you know.

Scottish/Irish/German aye? I've never yet talked to an American who'll say 'I'm an American!' It's generally always Scottish or German or something. Unbelievable. Very few will tell you they're English! Unless they're a Red Indian -of course they're going to have roots elsewhere. God sake!

My name is Scottish actually, from Traquair -an ancient Catholic stronghold in the low-lands of Scotland. Yes, many times in Scotland for training or golf or just a holiday. It's the other end of the British Isles to me though and quite a trip. Eire is very nice and the people are extremely friendly and approachable and a very funny sense of humour. Both countries are extremely dramatic in terms of countryside -as is England in a lot places, especially where I live.

Make that 35-10 to the Springboks now! Ha!

Yeah, I love the U.S.A. but I could definitely spend a few years in Ireland and Scotland. Lot's more history in Europe than over here, which is pretty interesting. I also want to go to Africa and fly airplanes for the Kenyan Wildlife Service.

Yeah, I love the U.S.A. but I could definitely spend a few years in Ireland and Scotland.
    There's a lot of history in England. I don't recall Ireland or Scotland ever conquering the world. They may have helped, but it was definitely our idea.
    Haaha!

Go Back to forum