GPO into a MP3 file

Anyone have a recommendation for a package that will produce a MP3
    file from Garritan?

Thanks

Paul O.
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Re: GPO into a MP3 file

The included Cubase does a decent job of producing MP3's if you're looking for a free option. Render to wav, bring back in mix, master, export as mp3. If you use Studio, use the record to wav feature, bring the audio into Cubase, tweak audio, then export to mp3.

Windows Media Player 10 will also convert WAV to MP3 and seems to have a very good encoder.

Good one Fred, didn't think of that.

"Musicmatch" (http://www.musicmatch.com/) that came free with my Dell computer has an mp3 encoder that works well.

Gary Garritan

i found dbpoweramp the best (free) solution

iTunes works real well and it's a free download for PC or Mac.

MusicMatch comes free with many hardware products, and has also been given away on PC cover CDs and DVDs here in the UK.
    I believe it uses the Fraunhofer encoder, which is excellent. That encoder is also found in SoundForge.

It is also worth looking at the LAME project encoder, which is capable of good results, and has a myriad of options for those who like to tweak, as well as simple front-end GUIs for those that don't.

After many hours of testing, I personally wouldn't use an encoder other than the two above (avoid Xing especially!) if requiring good quality files, which is what you'd want to hear from GPO, isn't it

Of course, there are now better-sounding codecs, and loss-less compression for local copies of the wave files I find useful too, since hard disk space is cheap.

Thanks everyone

I appreciated the help

"P"
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Go Back to forum