• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Bug Rears It's Head Again...

Share/Bookmark

Giga Bug Rears It\'s Head Again...

Well, I thought this had gone away...but no.....

I was having a problem with blank spots in performances showing up filled with the same patch.....so, I would create a performance, with say, only the first 7 channels having patches, and maybe a CLICK sample on the 16th channel. Save the performance. Next time you open it, the CLICK sample is filling up all the formerly empty slots.

Well, it\'s happening again, and I am using the latest version....ANY ideas on this? I\'m starting to wonder whether my CLICK sample is somehow at fault.....

Thanks....

Re: Giga Bug Rears It\'s Head Again...

Actually, this JUST happened to me w/ the SAM Timpani. It decided to magically fill in the rest of my channels. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Dunno what\'s up..

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Actually, this JUST happened to me w/ the SAM Timpani. It decided to magically fill in the rest of my channels. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Dunno what\'s up..
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Glad to hear I\'m not alone, Sam!

This has gone on since I got Giga, through two software versions. It is definitely a bug.

yeah, me too...

...with a variety of .gigs

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

...thanks for that, however, I\'m running Cubase & GS on separate PCs and it still happens... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I\'ve noticed this as well. This is how I get around it. I load up Giga, then launch Cubase from within Giga. I then load up my song in Cubase, then go back to Giga and load up the performance. I found the Giga channels would load up with all kinds of kak if I loaded up the performance first, THEN went to Cubase and loaded up my song as step 2. Hope this works for you guys.

DanS

I\'ve had this too, I made an empty gig (using a single very short sample of silence). If you load this Empty patch into the spare slots then save the GSP, everything loads OK

Brian

It sounds like GSt is responding to patch change messages from you Cubase machine. You might try something like MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/ ) on you Giga PC to see just what IS coming in over MIDI.

Go Back to forum