• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clarinet plyrs 1,2&3 sound fuzzy.

Share/Bookmark

Question Clarinet plyrs 1,2&3 sound fuzzy.

Why would the clarinet plrs 1,2, & 3 sound as if they were recorded through a fuzz tone? I know they were not, and I realize it most likely is something to do with my settings. However, neither the solo clarinets sound fuzzy. They are as crystal clear is Niagara Falls on a bright sunny day (which only come once or twice a year here)
    So, can ya tell me huh huh huh? Can ya, huh? I know, those players probably didn't clean their instruments before the recording session, right? You know, all that water sitting in the tubes then they start playing and ya get that fuzzy sound.
    Styxx

Re: Clarinet plyrs 1,2&3 sound fuzzy.

Here my answer in plain clarinet:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/styxxOmania.mp3
    can you be more specific ic ic ic ic??
    So maybe ic, uc and we can all see?
    rené

Woah...wierd Mp3 lol

But i hear the fuzziness too. They didnt clean their instruments methinks (hey i know..i KNOW the clarinet. i played clarinet in like 5th grade and NEVER cleaned that dang thing. Sounded like &^$%$&#%&# )

...although im in high school now...i think i remeber

What's the buzz tell me what's a happenin'?
    What's the buzz tell me what's a happenin'?
    Why should you want to know? ....
    Love that Rock Concert!

Anywhosawhatchamacallit! They buzz and I dunt know why! So, LUCY...YOU GOTSOME SPLANIN TO DO LUCY!
    Styxx

Styxx,

As with all derived "plr" instruments, the solo and corresponding "plr" instruments use the same sample pool. The solo instruments sound different because they are, for the most part, chromatically sampled. The "plr" instruments use fewer samples in comparison. Each of the three derived "plr" instruments uses a different group of samples but only one third the total number contained in the solo instrument. Since there are fewer samples in the "plr" instruments each sample is stretched (transposed) to cover more notes. That's why they sound different from one another and from the solo instrument. I've just checked the programming of the clarinets and everything appears to be functioning as intended.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Styxx,

As with all derived "plr" instruments, the solo and corresponding "plr" instruments use the same sample pool. The solo instruments sound different because they are, for the most part, chromatically sampled. The "plr" instruments use fewer samples in comparison. Each of the three derived "plr" instruments uses a different group of samples but only one third the total number contained in the solo instrument. Since there are fewer samples in the "plr" instruments each sample is stretched (transposed) to cover more notes. That's why they sound different from one another and from the solo instrument. I've just checked the programming of the clarinets and everything appears to be functioning as intended.

Tom
    Gotcha Tom! Do you think I may be pushing the gain too much on the samples? They sounded a little weak in presence to me so I upped the volume on each one. Maybe I distorted the sample rate or something? Forgive me, for I know not what to do.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum