• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Hi!
    I am having stability problems with GS3 and I need to use the Black Grand right away so can someone please tell me how to convert it to Kontakt. I have done many conversions before but since the Black Grand loads with a different extension wich to my understanding loads 4 pieces of the whole piano separately (am I crazy!?) I dont know how to convert it to a single Kontakt file.
    Regards

  2. #2

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    You can use either Kontakt's Giga batch function, wich works good.

    Or a program called CD Xtract.

    You will end up with more than one program for a single piano patch.

    You just load them all into Kontakt. You'll probably get somthing
    like Pedal up , Pedal down, Release, etc etc....

    I converted the Yamaha C7 last night, using CD Xtract, and it
    worked beautifuly. Giga to Kontakt. It sounds almost exactly
    like it did in GS3.

    Best of luck!

    Toddk

  3. #3

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    Hi!
    I am having stability problems with GS3 and I need to use the Black Grand right away so can someone please tell me how to convert it to Kontakt. I have done many conversions before but since the Black Grand loads with a different extension wich to my understanding loads 4 pieces of the whole piano separately (am I crazy!?) I dont know how to convert it to a single Kontakt file.
    Regards
    For example: Black Grand Ambient.

    1. Create a folder called, for example, "Black Grand Ambient Kontakt"
    2. Within that folder, create a folder called "Samples"
    3. Open Black Grand Ambient.gig in the Instrument editor.
    4. Rightclick on the first folder (Amb_Pd_01) and choose "Export Samples"
    5. Choose "Samples" created in step 2.
    6. Repeat for all folders exept the last, "Extra" That can't be used in Kontakt (Pedal Noice)
    7. Download THIS file, unrar it and copy the files that has "Black Grand Ambient" in it's name to the folder created in step 1
    8. Repeat for the other two perspectives
    9. Done!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  4. #4

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Thanks Todd and Worra thanks for taking time to answer simple questions for people like me :-) Thats nice customer service indeed. So the pedal noises cant be used in Kontakt...that means GS3 is indeed better (no wars please). My problem with GS3 is that my main PC is down and the one I am using now is only a P4 1.8 with 512 RAM and it seems the Sonar4 GS3 combo is to hard on it.
    Regards

  5. #5

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    Thanks Todd and Worra thanks for taking time to answer simple questions for people like me :-) Thats nice customer service indeed. So the pedal noises cant be used in Kontakt...that means GS3 is indeed better (no wars please). My problem with GS3 is that my main PC is down and the one I am using now is only a P4 1.8 with 512 RAM and it seems the Sonar4 GS3 combo is to hard on it.
    Regards

    No problem!
    The pedal noises are triggered by the sustainpedal in GS3, can't be done in Kontakt (yet...).
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  6. #6

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Interesting. Then I'd like to add a question:

    If only the pedal noise is the difference, does this mean that in Kontakt you will get the same convolution reverb effects (like the damper pedal effects) as you get with GigaPulse in GS3?

  7. #7

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    I dont think so.

    I think the only way to do Gigapulse, is with Gigastudio.

    I'm not so worried about that, or pedal noise. For the material
    i'm doing, its not needed.

    If i had to create solo piano stuff, i would want it though.

    Its kinda like using all the bleed in DKFH Superior. You can, but
    most of it is noise that can cloud a dense mix.
    Again, it depends on what you're doing.


    TK

  8. #8

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fogwall
    Interesting. Then I'd like to add a question:

    If only the pedal noise is the difference, does this mean that in Kontakt you will get the same convolution reverb effects (like the damper pedal effects) as you get with GigaPulse in GS3?
    Nope. Convoluting uses GigaPulse, and that's a GS3 only.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  9. #9

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Nope. Convoluting uses GigaPulse, and that's a GS3 only.
    No. I did it without GS3. Read this here.
    To be better, I would need real piano convolutions... Could you send me the .wav files of you convolutions, Worra? ;-)

  10. #10

    Re: Can someone tell me how to convert Black Grand giga to Kontakt?

    I did the batch conversion with Kontakt I ended up with 10 nki files for BlackGrand CL HV, MV , LV and Releases....what should I load now to have the complete thing? Why are there 10 nki for each "velocity?

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •