• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Prime Sounds Session Strings- Excellent!

Share/Bookmark

Prime Sounds Session Strings- Excellent!

Haven't seen a lot about this string library for Kontakt/EXS24/HALion. I bought a copy from Big Fish and, seriously, I haven't heard a more accurate realization of a small string group than this library (which incidently lists for under $100 US). For those looking for a chamber string group, this library cannot be beaten. Here's an example:

Legato strings:

String Elegy

and arco:

Dual for Strings and Chinese Percussion

Re: Prime Sounds Session Strings- Excellent!

Not bad. I had wondered about this library. You're right, no one talks about it. I wonder why?

No GIGA version??

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    No GIGA version??
    nope. I had Kompakt only before I bought these sounds and the difference in the way Kontakt read these was enough to make me buy that program.

Big Fish has gotten a bit of a reputation problem as being a tad on the cheap and crappy side of the sample library developers.

While this might have been somewhat of a problem in the past, I always felt that they had good products.

What they do seem to be horrible at is good marketing, I would bet you over half of the people around here have never even heard of them! Their print advertisements are few and rather drab.

If they really wanted to, they could turn things around by taking a look at what the other guys are doing and adopting a similar marketing strategy.

They also need to redesign their web site really fast!

Another example of a company whose heart is in the right place, but where the other organs are a mess!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Is anyone able to compare the Session Strings with the Ultimate String Collection? Both have really nice demos but there isn't much information around about these libraries. The demo programming isn't perfect, but the samples sound nice. Which one would compliment the VSL strings better? I'm looking for a library which would add some body and bite to the VSL strings, especially the violins.

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    Is anyone able to compare the Session Strings with the Ultimate String Collection? Both have really nice demos but there isn't much information around about these libraries. The demo programming isn't perfect, but the samples sound nice. Which one would compliment the VSL strings better? I'm looking for a library which would add some body and bite to the VSL strings, especially the violins.
    I haven't worked with Ultimate Strings but I own HALion String Edition and to be honest, the Session Strings have more realism than those, EWQLSO Silver Edition Strings, or any other strings I've heard. Maybe it's because they used a smaller group where you can hear the bow moving across the string- whatever the case may be, they have ultimate realism. There are economy patches and full release patches that include release samples (thereby giving the impression of the string moving off of the bow).

As for Big Fish, I'll say this: I ordered my Session Strings on the afternoon of Monday and by Tuesday before 12 noon, the Fed Ex truck pulled up in front of my house with the library. I live in Canada so this was an international postal thing. I've NEVER received that good service from Sounds Online.

With those demos it's pretty hard to take the samples seriously in my opinion.

I said it before, these strings ooze a lot of character. Too bad they didn't do a Giga version.

Here's an old thread. It didn't get a lot of reaction. It was a time when VSL ruled the board.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxalamanta
    With those demos it's pretty hard to take the samples seriously in my opinion.
    Why? Because the strings aren't playing Mozart? I wouldn't mind if the demos were a couple of random notes in a row as long as the demos are in full quality. The samples sound really nice and they have the bow sound which all the larger libraries are missing.

Did I miss something or isn't there a possibility to buy the whole library at once in the MI7 webstore? Here you can audition and buy the samples separately, but I can't find a bundle price for the whole thing. What's the point in paying 70 euros only for downloadable violin sustains if you can get the whole thing on cd for $99.95 at Big Fish Audio? Am I missing something?

Go Back to forum