• Register
  • Help

Topic: Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 at postpiano.com

Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 at postpiano.com

I've just bought the Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 Giga CD that is on sale for $85 by mistake ( http://www.mijnwinkel.nl/shop8272/c5/ ) at the same time that I was ordering the two PMI group buy pianos. Can anyone tell me exactly what version I am getting here? I should have really bought the GS3 version of it. Is the version I'm getting 24-bit? I've tried to email Michiel but I don't know if he'll read it in time before the order is processed.

Thanks for any help,

Re: Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 at postpiano.com

I am sure that "stock clearing" item is 16-bit, GigaStudio 2.

However, it is still a great deal, since you can upgrade that to the 24-bit GS3 version for US $50. The "normal" GS3 version costs US $200.

In the link below, if you scroll down, you can see the $200 item (on the right hand side) and the $50 upgrade one row below it on the left:

I am using this same strategy get a cheaper price on the GS3 (Yamaha) Pop Piano. I purchased the GS2 version in "stock clearance", and I will upgrade to GS3 when it comes out.

Thanks for replying. That does seem a good deal.

Since I'm new to all this, can you explain the difference between that $200 one you mention and the GS3 one to the left of it for only $145? They seem the same to me as I would be using GS3 myself.

There is no difference. When Michiel creates a new title, he usually offers it at some type of "introductory" price for a limited period. After that, the cost is the "normal" price.

You would have to ask Michiel, but I thought the $145 price was an introductory price that ended October 31:

Either Michiel extended the introductory offer, or he just hasn't updated his webstore.

Either way, $85+$50 (=$135) is still cheaper than $145.

Go Back to forum