• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP 4.12 suddenly hates my new GPO files????

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy DP 4.12 suddenly hates my new GPO files????

I have several sequences made with GPO in DP 4.12 and all is well. Today I tried to make a new file with GPO and as soon as I play either the onscreen keyboard or patch thru from my midi kbd Perf. crashes. I have tried to make 3 new files from scratch. Now here is the wierd part:

- the old files still work fine
    - the old files contain both patches from the original GP and the recent update, so that is not the cause
    - if I use full Kontakt I can load as many GPO sounds as I want and use them with no problem.
    - when I do try to play a note, the note "sticks" just before crashing as though there were a midi loop, although for the life of me I can't find one.

I tried repairing permissions. No difference.

Any ideas what's going on?????

thanks!

Alan

Re: DP 4.12 suddenly hates my new GPO files????

The only thing I can think of at 2 in the morning is that perhaps you might be using the VST version instead of the AU. I have never had much luck with the VST version.

May have clearer head tomorrow,

Karl

This morning I got an idea, and it worked: it turns out that DP only hates GPO instances if they are MONO! If I create a GPO instance which is stereo, all is well. (DP shows both in the list of Instrument tracks you can create.)

Strange but true! .....

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    I have several sequences made with GPO in DP 4.12 and all is well. Today I tried to make a new file with GPO and as soon as I play either the onscreen keyboard or patch thru from my midi kbd Perf. crashes. I have tried to make 3 new files from scratch. Now here is the wierd part:

- the old files still work fine
    - the old files contain both patches from the original GP and the recent update, so that is not the cause
    - if I use full Kontakt I can load as many GPO sounds as I want and use them with no problem.
    - when I do try to play a note, the note "sticks" just before crashing as though there were a midi loop, although for the life of me I can't find one.

I tried repairing permissions. No difference.

Any ideas what's going on?????

thanks!

Alan

Post Re: DP 4.12 suddenly hates my new GPO files????

Ah yes you discovered the wonderful mono/stereo bug of DP. Never try to apply a mono->stereo matrix reverb effect to a mono track. It will work for a moment but then... .
    Glad you fixed it.
    Chris

I don't know if this problem is related but yesterday I installed DP4.12 on my iMac G5, which previously had only Sibelius and GPO installed.

Immediately the problems started, and after a long conversation with Apple tech support and finally ran a disk repair which unearthed (what to me is) the mysterious problem "keys out of order" which the tech person says ain't good.

The next step is to erase and restore the computer; after that reinstall all softwares one by one, running disk repair after each to determine the culprit. Fortunately I have only those three and two drivers.

Go Back to forum