• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Today

Share/Bookmark

GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Today

The GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline is a few days away. This is a great opportunity to have your work performed by a real symphony orchestra! We have received many entries and there is going to be stiff competition.

Information and rules about the GPO Orchestration Competition can be found at: http://www.garritan.com/competition.html

If you haven't submitted your entry in for the GPO Orchestration Competition yet, now is the time to do so! The deadline for entries is three days away - entries must be postmarked/posted no later than December 1st.

Those who have submitted demos on the GPO demo page may enter those compositions if you let us know and send supporting files.

You can email mp3s and supporting documentation, or you can can upload your entry at this FTP address:

ftp://gpo-uploads.com
    login: contest@gpo-uploads.com
    password: uploads

Please also send an email to josephburrell@gpo-uploads.com when you have submitted an entry so we can keep track of what's been sent there.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Gary Garritan

Smile Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline in a Few Days

Mr. Garritan

i just wanted to ask if the entries must be delivered before 5 pm of the first december or they just have to be postmarked before that deadline: i sent my entry from italy on the 22nd of november by tnt.
    i just can't find any tracking information on the tnt website. so i was wondering if i'll ever know wheter i took part to the competition since i cannot be sure that my entry has been delivered in time...

thankyou,
    mario

Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline in a Few Days

mariobolo,

If you are unsure you could resend via FTP electronically. Of course, Gary would then have two entries from you since I don't know if he could weed through them to sort it out. Just an idea.

Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline in a Few Days

This reminds me so much of when I was in school (a looonnnng time ago). And everyone waited until the last minute to get their term paper written. I'm as guilty as everyone else, just mailed mine in last Friday. I guess we never change.

Jeff

Red face Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline in a Few Days

Thankyou Joseph for your quick answer.
    if tomorrow i still won't able to track my entry i'll consider to send it via ftp.i just would not like to create any confusion by submitting my work to times...

mario

Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Tomorrow

Only one day left....

You should be recieving mine today in the mail Good luck to all! I've been looking forward to this . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Only one day left....
    Maybe next year! Just couldn't get it done in time. Good luck, everybody!

When you say the deadline is tomorrow, can I still upload something tomorrow and have it qualify? Is there a specific time when you're closing the doors? I already sent one piece in by mail (please let me know if you didn't get that for some reason), but there's an outside chance I might be able to polish another piece off tomorrow afternoon. Then again, it's been in the same state of "almost done" for about a month now, so I'm not sure why I could suddenly get it done tomorrow, but I do work well under pressure...
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    When you say the deadline is tomorrow, can I still upload something tomorrow and have it qualify? Is there a specific time when you're closing the doors? I already sent one piece in by mail (please let me know if you didn't get that for some reason), but there's an outside chance I might be able to polish another piece off tomorrow afternoon. Then again, it's been in the same state of "almost done" for about a month now, so I'm not sure why I could suddenly get it done tomorrow, but I do work well under pressure...
    Shaz,

You can upload tomorrow and still qualify. I'll be closing doors at 11:59 PM PST tomorrow. Good luck and may the Viking gods be with you.
    Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum