• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX for film music?

Share/Bookmark

RMX for film music?

Hi, I would like to know how can RMX working as a film music background, compared for instance, with Stormdrum kind of grooves?

Thks,

Iván

Re: RMX for film music?

RMX is absolutely great for film music and is very complimentary to Stormdrums too.

We'll have a bunch of new film-style demos up in the next few weeks that will give you a very good idea about this.

spectrum

hehe too late... I got it yesterday.... I'm still in shock

RMX is the most amazing audio tool I've added to my kit in years. If it had the kind of library in RMX of sounds that Stormdrum has I'd never open Stormdrum again (Intakt anyways).

The technology used by RMX in dealing with tempo changes is vastly superior in sound quality to the Intakt engine - RMX can easily deal with radical tempos while the loops in Stormdrum really only sound good at tempos close in proximity to their original tempo. I'm going to take the time and Recycle all of the material from Distorted Reality, Percussive Adventures I, Stormdrum, and others - I might even take each "slice" of a Stormdrum groove and apply 'verb (if it makes sense musically) in order to make the grooves work at very slow tempos.

I think the key for film composing would be to isolate the loops that have the most filmish vibe, and augment those with your own imported .rex loops. What I need (for example) are more organic percussion and more interesting loops in general - less of the cheesy LA hip-hop loops found in the original Stylus. Actually some of those loops work well with pitch-shifting, panning and radical filter and/or distortion! It's all good I guess! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phattlippz
    RMX is the most amazing audio tool I've added to my kit in years.
    Cool! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phattlippz
    I'm going to take the time and Recycle all of the material from Distorted Reality, ....
    I would suggest that you wait on ReCycling Distorted Reality, since a good portion of DR1&2 are included in the Bonus Section of the SAGE Xpanders that will be released next week. Getting any one of them will give you access to the DR material in Groove Control/SAGE format and save you the time.

spectrum

Post Re: RMX for film music?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P
    Hi, I would like to know how can RMX working as a film music background, compared for instance, with Stormdrum kind of grooves?

Thks,

Iván
    HI,
    I have used spectrasonics on many film score i have done, using diffrent sample libraries or plugins i got from them, my latest flick i have used RMX that i got from the uk dist company for a trail and i did some great stuff with that. so i do recomend it . both my mixer and my self fell in love with it so we placed an order for two

nice work spectra over the year .

Frank

I've been using RMX for months now, on a tv series. It has been so much fun! This is a soundtrack composer's dream drum machine. My favourite feature is the ease with which you can make your own combinations of sub-elements, parts of one groove (hats, for eg) flow into another 3 (kick, snare, percs) from different grooves. Never having to worry about tempo-fitting...

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Cool! :-)

I would suggest that you wait on ReCycling Distorted Reality, since a good portion of DR1&2 are included in the Bonus Section of the SAGE Xpanders that will be released next week. Getting any one of them will give you access to the DR material in Groove Control/SAGE format and save you the time.

spectrum

Don't get me wrong on this - I like some of the Lig Groove SAGE sounds I hear but I ordered it to get the DR 1 & 2 bonus stuff. $99 for all of it - a steal!!! Thanks Eric - an incredible product!

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Thumbs up Re: RMX for film music?

The deeper u dig into RMX the more amazing it is to jam with it. I`m slowly in the process of converting all my drum libs. into REX2. Its freaky how well other several diff. Libs. can blend and combine so well, totally changing the way i work ..the chaos designer has to be the single most brilliant feature on any VSTi of 2004! Hats and all my clothes off to Eric. and crew! Rich Pell

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    The deeper u dig into RMX the more amazing it is to jam with it. I`m slowly in the process of converting all my drum libs. into REX2. Its freaky how well other several diff. Libs. can blend and combine so well, totally changing the way i work ..the chaos designer has to be the single most brilliant feature on any VSTi of 2004! Hats and all my clothes off to Eric. and crew! Rich Pell

Oh Rich - keep the clothes on bro

How can I transfer my drum libraries to REX 2? Do I need to buy Recycle or something like that (any free plugins that will do the same thing?)

Thanks in advance.

(I agree on Choas - simply stunning)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum