• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO on second hard drive

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO on second hard drive

Hi there!

I just received my EWQLSO Gold , and now I'm wondering if it would be better to install the files on my second hard drive. (It's a Seagate 160 GB 7200 RPM, and all my other samples are saved there, too).
    By the way: Will the NI Kompakt install on the same hard drive as the orchestral samples?
    I usually put the programs on the one drive and the samples on the other..

Thanks!

Re: EWQLSO on second hard drive

Ok guys, I read the manual and it answered all my questions.
    Sorry

Thumbs up Re: EWQLSO on second hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by ScoreKiller
    Hi there!

I just received my EWQLSO Gold , and now I'm wondering if it would be better to install the files on my second hard drive. (It's a Seagate 160 GB 7200 RPM, and all my other samples are saved there, too).
    By the way: Will the NI Kompakt install on the same hard drive as the orchestral samples?
    I usually put the programs on the one drive and the samples on the other..

Thanks!
    Yes, it is much faster to have your samples saved to a seperate hard drive. Because the HDD is a physical mechanism, searching for multiple items at the same time can slow it down drastically (especially dfd files). You can install the Kompakt player wherever you want, and then point it to the samples (just like Halion or Giga). The large East West files are just samples that are encripted.
    Even better (if you have space) is to have 3 Hard Drives: 1 for programs, 1 for samples and 1 for data and audio. This will make things much quicker and is usually the recommended route for DAWs. I use a external for my audio and data because of lack of space in my tower and it works fine for me.

Best of luck,

Christiaan

Wink Re: EWQLSO on second hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by ScoreKiller
    Ok guys, I read the manual and it answered all my questions.
    Sorry
    just saw this post. serves me right for taking so long to type up an answer.

Well your answer cleared up some questions I had always wondered about - so thanks for taking the time!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dalamar17
    Well your answer cleared up some questions I had always wondered about - so thanks for taking the time!

Jeff
    Not a problem.

Go Back to forum