• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Used in Peter Pan in Brescia, Italy

Share/Bookmark

GPO Used in Peter Pan in Brescia, Italy

GPO is being used for "Musica per i bimbi sperduti di Peter Pan" ("Music for the Disperse Children of Peter Pan), a theatrical performance and exhibition in a Medieval tower in Brescia, Italy. The show is about the adventures of Peter Pan and a group of the lost children and runs until 6 January 2005.

Claudio Mandonico is a well known composer in Italy who has composed the score for the production entirely with GPO. For the performance he plays GPO directly from the Finale score using GPO Studio.

Here are some excerpts from the show:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/PeterPan1.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/PeterPan2.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/PeterPan3.mp3

These demos are rendered directly from Finale and shows how GPO can be used with notation.

Claudio writes: "I think GPO is wonderfull and a fantastic chance to work with computer music. To thank you have included in this e-mail my first piece composed and arranged with GPO. I had short time (as ever) to work with it (people who wants music don't wait to much) so GPO saved me. I never see a library so flexibile (you always have good results with instruments combinations) and high simulation level. Thank you very much."

Thank you Claudio for sharing your music with us and giving permission to post this.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Used in Peter Pan in Brescia, Italy

Wow. Brilliant music. Absolutely brilliant. I am looking into this man's work for sure!

Very, very nice. First GPO in the musical in the Thanksgiving Day Parade now, this. I'm really beginning to get excited about writing a few musicals with GPO. :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Wow! Truly phenomenal! This is a great GPO demo too--everything from piccolo to contrabassoon. Great work, Claudio! And inspiring that this could all be done on Finale: truly a vindication of Gary's concept for GPO Studio.

Thumbs up Re: GPO Used in Peter Pan in Brescia, Italy

I only had time to listen to the first snippet. From what I heard this must be one excellent production and shows perfectly that GPO is right for the task!
    Wonderful music and my compliments to Claudio Mandonico. Bravo!
    Styxx

Claudio writes also great music for wind band and for mandolin orchestra. Brescia is a nice ancient town 90 km from Milan (where I live): if you come to Italy, don't miss Brescia (and Bergamo). Then you can catch a train and have a very pleasant weekend on the Lake of Garda, 25 km away from Brescia. I know some fine restaurants in Brescia. If you come to our country, give us a call... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinablu
    Claudio writes also great music for wind band and for mandolin orchestra. Brescia is a nice ancient town 90 km from Milan (where I live): if you come to Italy, don't miss Brescia (and Bergamo). Then you can catch a train and have a very pleasant weekend on the Lake of Garda, 25 km away from Brescia. I know some fine restaurants in Brescia. If you come to our country, give us a call... ;-)
    Boy, wouldn't that be nice...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Claudio writes: "I had short time (as ever) to work with it (people who wants music don't wait to much) so GPO saved me."
    Wow, I wish I could do this with a long time to write! The music is great and the performance is so real.

One problem - I may have to import these into cubase (or a wave editor) and stitch them back together. No matter, this will be on my playlist.
    Trent P. McDonald

Wow, sounds great! Congratulations, Claudio!

Man, oh, man...

If I EVER write something that nice (and longer than the 2-3 minutes that are my longest pieces so far) I will be SO happy!

Mark

Go Back to forum