• Register
  • Help

Topic: #$!!%@&!!*@

Share/Bookmark

#$!!%@&!!*@

Well, I'm trying to get the GPO update. Of course, first you must register Kontact. Which I did. But the page says I can't download the update because I'm not registered. So, I thought I'd log out and back in. The server doesn't like my password. Oops. But they'll e-mail it to me. If I give my serial number. Which doesn't show in the HTML document I brought home from the studio. So, I can fix this tomorrow after I write down the serial number and come home because there's no internet access there. This is the kind of @%%$# software stuff I really hate. Oh well- just had to vent.

Edit- yes I'm very impatient

Edit- the serial number is in the confirmation e-mail they sent and I got my password, logged in, life is good. Sorry

Re: #$!!%@&!!*@

FredProgGH,

Email me and I'll ease the frustration

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    FredProgGH,

Email me and I'll ease the frustration

Gary Garritan

Did you see the end of the post- I just didn't look closely at the e-mail they sent. Everything I needed was in there. I have now reset my poassword again to what I thought I had made it in the first place!! Duh me... I got everything taken care of. And I have the update!!! Thanks though!!

BTW, since this is now a pointless thread, let me ask this:

Was Harpo really a good harpist?? He seems pretty good, even though some of the big glissando stuff is not really that big a deal. But I don't know if he's actually a good harpist by good harpist standards.

You know, like people who listened to Jethro Tull in the 70's thought Ian Anderson was a great flautist but then you'd talk to a flautist and they'd go Ian- he stinks!! He knows a couple tricks is all! Though in fairness he relearned his instrument in the last 10 years and now he really is dang good, even by the hoidy-toidy flute player standards.

What were we talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    If I give my serial number. Which doesn't show in the HTML document I brought home from the studio.
    Just for information, if you mean the unique system ID (from which your NI passcode is generated), it is encoded into the link, aling with the product ID and the OS version. Just view the HTML file's source if you ever need to access it. But no, the product serial number is not in it IIRC.

It's a pain, I agree, but you get used to it (I own several NI products).
    It didn't help the time had a session to do, shiny new software, and their server was down so I couldn't register. One lost session...

Thumbs up Re: #$!!%@&!!*@

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    BTW, since this is now a pointless thread, let me ask this:

Was Harpo really a good harpist?? He seems pretty good, even though some of the big glissando stuff is not really that big a deal. But I don't know if he's actually a good harpist by good harpist standards.

You know, like people who listened to Jethro Tull in the 70's thought Ian Anderson was a great flautist but then you'd talk to a flautist and they'd go Ian- he stinks!! He knows a couple tricks is all! Though in fairness he relearned his instrument in the last 10 years and now he really is dang good, even by the hoidy-toidy flute player standards.

What were we talking about??
    Yes, Harpo was not only good; he was one of the greatest! Gary can give you more.

As for Ian Anderson, he was unique at the time. Not very many if at all musicians used a woodwind instrument as a solo instrument in rock! Besides, in tech course at college, it took me three weeks to get a sound out of the headstock of the flute yet alone play a note! In my book, anyone who can play that dang piece of permeable metal deserves the title of best but not great!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum