• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who's playing the flute?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Who's playing the flute?

That was the question I was asked by our new choreographer and the director during this past Sundays rehearsal. My answer was, I dunno? Someone Gary Garritan "stuffed" into my computer. A little cramped but man can that person play!
    Actually, it will take some time before they grasp what is happening. I was also asked by several of the cast members where they can buy a copy of the song. I told them, at a new CD shop called "GPO land"! It's next to Midia Play in-between reality and fantasy. Somewhere Over The Rainbow in cyberspace.

Dude, who played the flute man? Dude, that's awesome man, fwsssssst! Mannnnnnnn, duuuuuuuddddeeeee, that's like....fwssssst....wow man farmout! Powder on the people man. Dude, like woe man like...fwsssst...ahh...kkt, kkkt, kkt, cough....woe, flute man sounds real...you play?
    No, that was programed using Garritan Personal Orchestra a...
    Woe dude stop man...like what's so personal man like woe....Garrison who like what man?
    Never mind....here, go smoke this!
    Styxx

Re: Who's playing the flute?

Hehehe...

ha ha ha! I wish I got that kind of a response . . . people tend to ask me "who composed this terrible music?" Just kidding, nobody listens to my music except this forum! Too many rock and rollers and rappers on this university campus . . . Honestly, I can never impress my friends with any of my music . . . but I don't think Tchaikovsky could either, so maybe it's a good sign . . . but then again Tchaikovsky was really wierd, it's probably not good to be much like him . . . but then again he wrote some darn awesome music . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Who's playing the flute?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    ha ha ha! I wish I got that kind of a response . . . people tend to ask me "who composed this terrible music?" Just kidding, nobody listens to my music except this forum! Too many rock and rollers and rappers on this university campus . . . Honestly, I can never impress my friends with any of my music . . . but I don't think Tchaikovsky could either, so maybe it's a good sign . . . but then again Tchaikovsky was really wierd, it's probably not good to be much like him . . . but then again he wrote some darn awesome music . . .
    Sean, you should take their favorite music and orchestrate it (with a beat of course) and see what kind of reaction you get!
    Anywiser, your music is a favorite of mine and I am glad you are a part of this forum. This is where the greats of today and tomorrow hang!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Who's playing the flute?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Who's playing the flute? That was the question I was asked by our new choreographer and the director during this past Sundays rehearsal. My answer was, I dunno? Someone Gary Garritan "stuffed" into my computer. A little cramped but man can that person play!... Dude, who played the flute man? Dude, that's awesome man, fwsssssst! Mannnnnnnn, duuuuuuuddddeeeee, that's like....fwssssst....wow man farmout! Powder on the people man. Dude, like woe man like...fwsssst...ahh...kkt, kkkt, kkt, cough....woe, flute man sounds real...
    Styxx, let me tell you about the GPO flautist.

Yes, she can play. The flautist is a frail new age musical mystic who played so long on the GPO sesion that she developed a case of bad breath...

Then stuffing her into the computer being so cramped gave her lots of calluses.

Do you know what this made her???

A super callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

A super callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
    Say that ten times fast!
    Styxx

super callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
    Say that ten times fast!
    Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious?
    If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious.

Say that ten times fast!
    say it after ten fast beers and try not to sound ferocious
    people will conclude that maybe you're a wee bit stocious

slán

mick ó c

Last night I played the beginning of my GPO contest submission for my wife and she asked, "what music is this?" I told her it was my concert submission and she was surprised it wasn't a real orchestral recording.

My friends who (in my pre GPO days) would often respond to pieces by saying "you could write good videogame music" now say "who is playing this?"

Yahhooo!

Styx and Gary....
    you guys just went berzerk. I am proud of both of you
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Go Back to forum