• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Survivor-Like Flute/Horn Samples

Survivor-Like Flute/Horn Samples

I need to create the musical world of a Survivor-like show, with the actors 'trapped' on a desert island. I've got all the percussion I need, but I'm missing one or two island flute/horn sounds. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know of an extensive library distributed by Soundsonline, but I really don't want to spend more than 100 bucks or so at most, given that I'm only needing one or two instruments...

Re: Survivor-Like Flute/Horn Samples

I don't think you'd need autotune for that. Correcting the pitch in your sampler looks more practical to me, especially if you want to have the authentic sound as well. I like the Hawaian Shellhorn from EW2, and there's a Ukelele on it that works good as well.

Lee, I looked at this one: http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...html?sku=ZG303

But really, for what I need, it's much too much!

Sounds of Polynesia seem more focus on beat than Flutes IMO. This is maybe what fits the most your request: http://www.ilio.com/ilio/worldwinds/index.html

But it's still 100$ too high.

There are samples in ProjectSam free samples section, you got ''SAM Free Flute FX'' and at G-Town Church http://www.gtownsounds.com you got ''Overblown Flute Staccs''

These blend together can put some exotic feel to your music. The downside is that you cannot play melody with it.

Hope it help!

Are the instruments like flute/horn in sounds of polynesia multisampled or is it just phrases?

Thanks for the suggestions, Elfen, but I've already got both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfen
    Sounds of Polynesia seem more focus on beat than Flutes IMO.
    I just listened to the demo, and I think you're absolutely right!

Under 100$ is a though take. I hope to find something like pay by the patch option one day for good libraries too.

Given that I have little time and don't want to buy a whole library for one instrument, I think I'll be sampling an ocarina, and will make do with sound design on more Western and Eastern flute sounds (which I have a bunch of).

Thanks people for your advice!

Central Point, Oregon

You might want to check here:

He's got a free ocarina and some blown bottles that might be useful.

Go Back to forum