• Register
  • Help

Topic: Freeze RMX in SX 3.0???

Share/Bookmark

Freeze RMX in SX 3.0???

I am new to SX 3.0 (love the new freeze funtions) and have successfully frozen VST plugs such as Hardcore bass, Kontact, etc. But when I freeze RMX (6 loops on the mixer) RMX plays back all screwy. Any ideas on this one. RMX is real hungry for both CPU and I really need to freeze it.

(2.8 ghz / 2 gig ram)

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Freeze RMX in SX 3.0???

No one else having problems freezing RMX in SX 3.0??

Until SX gets 3.01 patch out, can anyone suggest perhaps exporting RMX to audio, etc. as a workaround. What do you think? (It doesn't give much flexibility as the cue is being composed but....)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I replied to you on cubase.net to let you know that it works fine for me in SX3. Freeze troubles in cubase are not unheard of though, so be sure to report any problems to Steinberg. Exporting audio is generally more reliable, so you can usually use that as a workaround.

- Glenn

I've had it working here. I had one problem with freeze in SX3 that affected RMX... but also other VSTis. Only in one project, when I tried to freeze Cubase would crash everytime.

After pulling my hair out and lots of trial and error I discovered that a couple of tracks with audio warped material on (audio set to musical mode) were somehow connected. When I muted all the parts on these two tracks or deleted the tracks totally, freeze would work.

Have you got problems using Freeze in a new, empty project - one midi track routed to RMX?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    I am new to SX 3.0 (love the new freeze funtions) and have successfully frozen VST plugs such as Hardcore bass, Kontact, etc. But when I freeze RMX (6 loops on the mixer) RMX plays back all screwy. Any ideas on this one. RMX is real hungry for both CPU and I really need to freeze it.

(2.8 ghz / 2 gig ram)

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus
    I've had it working here. I had one problem with freeze in SX3 that affected RMX... but also other VSTis. Only in one project, when I tried to freeze Cubase would crash everytime.

After pulling my hair out and lots of trial and error I discovered that a couple of tracks with audio warped material on (audio set to musical mode) were somehow connected. When I muted all the parts on these two tracks or deleted the tracks totally, freeze would work.

Have you got problems using Freeze in a new, empty project - one midi track routed to RMX?
    Hey this may be the answer. I am using 'drag and drop' on this RMX instance. 6 parts to 6 midi tracks - then I go into RMX (VST instruments) and freeze RMX. Am I doing this wrong? This is how I do it for Kontakt, HCB, etc.

Thanks

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

No, that works fine here.

Try:

1. Starting with an new SX3 project, using the "empty" template, open RMX in slot one, create one midi track, route it to RMX, midi channel 1.

2. Load a loop into part one of RMX then drag the midi part onto your single midi track.

3. Play to check that it works.

4. Freeze RMX

If that works fine, start adding complexity to see if you can work our where/when things go wrong for you. If it doesn't work then I dunno... it works here so I would suggest it is system specific.

Hey this may be the answer. I am using 'drag and drop' on this RMX instance. 6 parts to 6 midi tracks - then I go into RMX (VST instruments) and freeze RMX. Am I doing this wrong? This is how I do it for Kontakt, HCB, etc.

Thanks

Rob

Great idea "Dr.".

Just in case, what have you found the best way to 'export something like a VST plug'. I have to admit, with freeze, I have never done this in SX 3.0. I assume I mute all other track and export audio on just these RMX tracks?

Thanks (just looking for a workaround)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

No, you don't have to mute anything. In SX3, when you go to the "export audio", you can export any output you like; the main bus out will be the default but you can change that to any audio track, group track or VSTi output track.

Great idea "Dr.".

Just in case, what have you found the best way to 'export something like a VST plug'. I have to admit, with freeze, I have never done this in SX 3.0. I assume I mute all other track and export audio on just these RMX tracks?

Thanks (just looking for a workaround)

Rob

Thanks so much. I am really like SX 3.0.

Appreciate the help.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum