• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX sync with V-Stack?

Share/Bookmark

RMX sync with V-Stack?

I use RMX with V-Stack. It plays fine, but will not sync to a tempo in the V-Stack controller window. It syncs up to external midi clocks, but not to V-Stack. What am I missing?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: RMX sync with V-Stack?

Odd...I use V-Stack myself with RMX fine.

Did you turn the tempo button off in V-Stack?

spectrum

Wait a minute!!

You can externally clock VStack from a host computer? How do you do that? Or are you using VStack in the sequencing computer?

It's my understanding that VStack can't receive midi clock. Never has. That's why we all have switched to Forte, since it clocks-sort of!!!!

Enlighten us please.

Thanks,

Mr. A.

Sorry, brain wipeout after a heavy gig - I hadn't tried external sync in V-Stack yet, just got it. I was trying to say RMX syncs up fine, but I was using it in an old copy of Cubase I keep for a VST shell, and in Digital Performer on the Mac.

I was just trying to get it to sync to the internal V-Stack clock, and somehow, I have done that - I think I turned off the 'Sync' button, oddly enough-or perhaps it WAS the tempo button-I think actually it was both.

The other work-around I have used is to use RMX's midi drag-n-drop in DP, but what I am trying to do is avoid having to turn on a whole studio just to audition some drumbeats. (Of course at that point, I'm on the Mac anyway, with RMX installed. Once again, Eric, thank you for the non-restrictive licensing.)

I never saw any thread about VS not syncing, and up till RMX, it didn't matter. But that answers the next part of my query-how do you get it to... (answer: you don't - sigh...)

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Question Re: RMX sync with V-Stack?

Eric,

You're not able to clock RMX using VStack on another PC are you??

Thanks,

Mr. A.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety
    Eric,

You're not able to clock RMX using VStack on another PC are you??

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    I think yor right Mr A.... V-stack doesnt recieve Midi clock from the host on a seperate comp. UNLESS your using System link (ie. Nuendo and V-stack). The obvious workround is just setting Your host and v-stack tempo manually to be the same and turn 'snap " on or quantize midi in your host. I works pretty well for me..I had things locked using SL ,but it just never felt 100% stable for me so i do it this way..Rich

Question Re: RMX sync with V-Stack?

Hey Rich,

That concept works for a static tempo piece. Unfortunately for me, I score mostly, and the tempi are always various and changing, so I can't do it that way. So I switched to FORTE as my shell in order to clock the plug ins.

SPECTRUM- Do you have some magic way to clock in VStack??????

Mr. A.

Hey Rich,

That concept works for a static tempo piece. Unfortunately for me, I score mostly, and the tempi are always various and changing, so I can't do it that way. So I switched to FORTE as my shell in order to clock the plug ins.

Mr. A.
    Hey Mr. A,
    i score as well but when i do , I try to keep most things on my main comp.
    Of course that doesnt help you one bit . So, Does FORTE does a good job of following tempo changes from your host on a 2nd Comp.? Plus Ive heard i one has 1 maiin out or something, which sucks for me as i can really load V-stack up sometimes... Rich

Hey Rich,

Mr. A.
    No...I always use the host sequencer computer for RMX. I usually use V-Stack for live use with Atmosphere and other VSTs and for quick checking RMX stuff. Never tried external clocking.....weird that this doesn't work....kind of unbelievable really!

spectrum

It's unbelievable and Steinberg will not address it. We have tried for over a year or so. Nick P., everyone in LA scoring, and they won't comment or act on our requests. I guess a $50.00 piece of software with a glaring component missing doesn't get the attention these days.

Oh well - trying all the competition for a replacement!

What can you do??

Mr. A

Go Back to forum