• Register
  • Help

Topic: I just had a thought ...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up I just had a thought ...

Which is not very often.
    What if Gary never developed GPO? yeah, can you imagine! Personally, I didn't know anything like this existed whether it be the more expensive Hollywood libs or what have you. I mean, think of it ... who or where would you have gone to post your music so freely and actually have people care to listen? Well, maybe I am off base here but it just hit me after listening to a few of your demos, God, I am so lucky to be a part of this forum and to have the privilege of listening to your music without some record producer shoving what he or she likes down my throat! When I say I like what you've written or orchestrated I mean what I say. Fact is, I love music and maybe too much sometimes but dang it I do and this place with your music, no matter what genre it is, is my little piece of musical Heaven. It's almost as if I have gone over the rainbow to a much nicer colorful place that loves to make music.
    I just had this thought and thought I would share it with you. I am praying some day we will have a GPO convention (I'll probably make an azz out of myself BUT WHO CARES!)
    People; keep the music coming and your dreams alive! There is nothing worse than a man without a dream or music!
    Call me insane...
    OK boss, you're insane!
    Maybe I get too involved or emotional over this whole idea. Maybe I really appreciate who you are and your talents. Maybe there's more to this than what meets our eyes. But what ever, this is great to be here and to listen to your music and converse with you all.
    Oh, Auntie Em. There's no place like GPO!
    Poor kid. Must of gotten hit on the head during that twister.
    No, let's just put em back in that storm shelter until he comes to his senses!
    Styxx

Re: I just had a thought ...

Congratulations on your thought! Yes, it's certainly an honor to be among such talented musicians! It's wonderful to be in contact with so many that love music and composing as much as I do. I have a good friend here at college and asked him when he will start composing music (after all, he loves classical music, so why not compose, right?) and his answer was "I must wait until I learn how . . . " Just do it! You can learn as you go . . . And what a boring forum it would be if Styxx wasn't here to make everybody laugh all the time . . . Ah, what a great place. I'm sure the GPO bus will start picking us up soon enough to go to the GPO convention . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: I just had a thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I have a good friend here at college and asked him when he will start composing music (after all, he loves classical music, so why not compose, right?) and his answer was "I must wait until I learn how . . . " Just do it! You can learn as you go . . .
    If we didn't have GPO and these forums, I wouldn't have written my first song. After all these years of playing music, I finally wrote one from start to finish.
    If we didn't have GPO, I would be playing around with Sonar and the scores of soft synths, guitar samples, etc. Each with so many options its hard to focus and create. I kind of like how GPO "narrows" your universe to orchestral instruments, and hey, they're real sounds.
    If we didn't have GPO, I wouldn't have started trying to learn a little music theory, which has been very challenging and rewarding.

I bought GPO cause I was looking for some good string sounds for something else I was doing. Since I got it, I haven't used hardly anything else. It's been a nice diversion for me.

Go Back to forum