• Register
  • Help

Topic: Biting the bullet!

Share/Bookmark

Biting the bullet!

Sorry all, I posted this to the general area by mistake so here goes again.

Well, I finally plucked up the courage to post a wee tune on my website. Mostly GPO with a couple of extras. I would welcome any comments / criticism if anyone would care to have a listen...

www.avantech.co.uk

Tony

Re: Biting the bullet!

Nice. I can hear your Mike Oldfield influence that you stated in the other post. The voices in the middle section remind me a little of Enya.
    Trent P. McDonald

Very nice indeed. For me, the middle section is cinematic and suggests a moving aerial shot tracking over countryside in summer bloom, very nice!

Brian

I liked that a lot. Good job.

Frank

Thanks guys for having a listen, I really appreciate the crit. Influences are never obvious until someone points them out but quite right in the comparisons.

I'm getting music lessons for christmas so maybe an improvement going into next year. Nevertheless, GPO has been an inspiration and really is a spur to get creative with a computer.

Tony

This is a very nice piece. It certainly has the potential to be huge. I could hear a lot that I would do with a piece like this. I have a laundry list of things that I personally would suggest but as to not cross over into a producer's roll I will abstain from them unless you want me to PM you.
    A pleasure to listen to.
    Chris

I like this quite a lot. I also hear the Mike Oldfield, not too overtly but it's there- which is a very good thing, IMO! At least, it reminds me of his stuff back when he was good.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    I could hear a lot that I would do with a piece like this. I have a laundry list of things that I personally would suggest but as to not cross over into a producer's roll I will abstain from them unless you want me to PM you.
    Chris,

Of course I will listen to your suggestions, this is what I was hoping for. Please PM me or email to tony@avantech.co.uk

Thanks again,

Tony

Go Back to forum