• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-G5 Turnkey Workstations

Share/Bookmark

OT-G5 Turnkey Workstations

I know of several reputable PC DAW manufacturers, but I don't know of any for the Mac. I'm putting together a project studio for a client, and I just don't relish the thought of having to do all those installations again for someone else! Any recommendations appreciated.

Re: OT-G5 Turnkey Workstations

www.sweetwater.com

From their catalog:

At Sweetwater, we can put together a G5 system to fit any budget or application. We’re known for delivering complete turnkey systems that have been installed, configured and tested by Apple Certified Mac gurus who are on top of the latest developments in Mac audio. Other computer retailers can ship you a G5 in a box. Sweetwater will deliver a Mac music machine to your doorstep that’s ready to roll!

http://www.sweetwater.com/progeardir...005_62to63.pdf

Understood. I'm no guru, but in general I know what I'm doing and have always done all my own installations and tweaking. But there are several factors in this case (including tax ramifications for my client) that make a turnkey system desirable. Additionally, if you follow the Mac forums, you'll know that Apple's quality control, and hence, automatic functionality, isn't what it once was. OSX systems are frequently plagued with mysterious, unpredictable "PC-like" incompatibilites that can be difficult to pin down. The idea of making that someone else's headache is kind of attractive!

Quote Originally Posted by seanmccoy
    OSX systems are frequently plagued with mysterious, unpredictable "PC-like" incompatibilites that can be difficult to pin down.
    No kidding! This OSX Unix stuff sure feels a lot like the mystery meat of Windows. Previous Mac OS'es were so much easier to troubleshoot. I never thought I'd see the day were there were web sites dedicated to "tweaking" the Mac OS for audio, just like we have to do with Windoze.

G

Go Back to forum