• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some harpsichord music for Styxx

Share/Bookmark

Some harpsichord music for Styxx

Styxx was pondering the lack of GPO harpsichord music, so I recorded this:

The Earle of Salisbury Pavana by William Byrd, 1613 (MP3, 1.6 MB).
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Thumbs up Re: Some harpsichord music for Styxx

Ah, very nice! Seems odd that a percussionist would find the harpsichord favorable doesn't it?
    Well, in short, my childhood was filled with bad health and the doctor I had to visit twice a week for treatments had an organ, a Grand Piano (not a baby mind you) and in the middle of the room setting ever so eloquently on a tapestry type rug was this awesome harpsichord. He used to play it once in a while for me I think to get my mind off my ailments. He was quite the player and the sound of the harpsichord stayed with me.
    Thanks for posting. I have to admit, the first thing that came into my mind when I read the title was, The Earle had Salisbury Stake!

Did you perform this in live or step in notational? Sounds very articulated!
    Styxx

Re: Some harpsichord music for Styxx

I like this. Nice job.
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Some harpsichord music for Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Did you perform this in live or step in notational? Sounds very articulated!
    Thanks! It was performed live, though I went in and edited a couple of notes which I'd had to cut short (there are a couple of reaches in the left hand which are fine on a smaller harpsichord keyboard, but a bit too wide for me on full-sized keys).
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Go Back to forum