• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do you feel empathy?

Do you feel empathy?

sponsored links

Quote Originally Posted by article
    In an imperial society the reduction of the domestic population’s capacity for empathy is a functional necessity

Re: Do you feel empathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen

I'm recovering from a root canal, so I'll be brief (OUCH!):

1. I believe that empathy is going down the drain in U.S. thanks to Bush and his cronies. My mom marched for civil rights in the '60's, and I'm sure she's rolling over in her grave.

2. I loved Pulp Fiction, and I can see why Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta were identified with. Great movie!

3. How can you guys read all this stuff all the way through? It's such a well-packed article full of so many topics my head is spinning!

4. So, charles, what do you do for a living? Is political philosophy your vocation or a hobby? Just wondering!

I think you may be right about empathy going down the drain, and your right about the article, will have to read it a couple of times myself to let it sink in, but that quote i gave hit like a brick. Music is my main envolvement, but i have an interest in the Social Sciences nothing academic, just reading the odd book and articles etc . Hope your health picks up

Re: Do you feel empathy?

I feel empathy....for Ern!!!! Heart and root canal? Take it easy Ern.

Go Back to forum